By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 will have true HD Resolution

dmcfan619 said:

One of the MGS4 trailers it stated that MGS4 footage was captured at 1080p with a framerate of 24fps.

I think the actual game framerate would be a steady 30fps w/ native 1080p.

The trailer was on YouTube.

Even if this were true...who cares? Anyone thinking that 1080p is needed for MGS in order for it to be good doesn't know MGS.

Around the Network
epsilon72 said:
I predict 720p, or fake 1080p (960x1080, like ninja gaiden)

A ginormous budget can't change the limitations of the PS3 hardware.

After seeing GT5, Its really hard to know if there really is a limitation to the PS3 ;P

mM
libellule said:
WAIT WAIT

Does the game really cost 70M $ ???

I can't believe it.

where are the links ?

I believe that number (or a similar one) was given by a God Of War developer in some interview in which he was discussing the budget of several games.

It's not confirmed by Konami or Sony, although they did say that the MGS4 team had grown to 250 people, which would indeed point to a budget in that range. I think the number is credible.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

As long as the game is good and the framerate doesn't stutter then i'm happy :D

Uncharted looks great in 720p and i'm sure MGS4 would too! Although 1080p would be a bonus since thats what my TV can do :D

Just to clarify, I highly doubt the game will be FULL HD 1080p. That would mean the game would be running at 1920x1080, something the consoles would be hard pressed to do well while maintaining the visual quality of lower resolution titles. It's more than double the resolution of 1280x720, and a ton of games don't even run at 1280x720 (Halo 3 and COD4 probably being the biggest titles that don't run full 720p). The game will most likely be running at at anamorphic 1080p. Something like 1280x1080 (GT5 Prologue) or maybe 960x1080 (Uncharted if 720p isn't supported). The former is 50% more pixels than 1280x720, and the latter is about the same number of pixels as 1280x720.

Around the Network

As long as the game doesn't have terrible framerates, poor lighting effects, aliasing (jagged pixels) as we've seen in a good number of PS3 titles (mostly early ones) I think everyone will be content with the graphics.

720p looks (comparatively) like crap on a 1080p LCD because the TV has to scale it, and it's not a linear scaling, so some pixels are bigger than others. It will never look particularly good on a hi-def LCD until they bring out LCDs with 3840x2160 resolution.

I can't get my Uncharted to run in 1080p at all since I can't de-select 576p and that's what it uses if 720p is disabled. Is there some secret which allows you to turn 576p off?

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform

So does every other game have False HD?

/Sarcasm 

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Onimusha12 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

this will be the last Metal Gear game. At least that's what they say. If it's true, it will sell a huge number of copies for years to come.

Both MGS2 and MGS3 were also said by Hideo to be the last Metal Gear Solid games as well. So its most likely not true since they already have talked about MGS5 in several podcasts.

not exactly mafoo, hideo actually said that those would be HIS last MGS games as director, not the last ones period. though i will have severe doubts of any MGS title that he isn't directly involved with.