By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 will have true HD Resolution

TheRealMafoo said:
Onimusha12 said:
BengaBenga said:
For $70 million it better be Full HD.

$70 million? Holy Moley!

Wouldn't the game have to sell at least 7-10 million copies just to break even at that cost? Or at the ten dollar higher price tag would it be 3.5-5 million copies needed to break even assuming that extra ten bucks went strait into Konami's pockets?

I don't want to even think how much more has or will be spent on advertising.

P.S. Is it really necessary to attack Twestern as if he's literally taking a dump on the game or something? The Sony community here is really far too over-defensive. Take a chill pill guys.

this will be the last Metal Gear game. At least that's what they say. If it's true, it will sell a huge number of copies for years to come.

Both MGS2 and MGS3 were also said by Hideo to be the last Metal Gear Solid games as well. So its most likely not true since they already have talked about MGS5 in several podcasts.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Onimusha12 said:
BengaBenga said:

$70 million? Holy Moley!

Wouldn't the game have to sell at least 7-10 million copies just to break even at that cost? Or at the ten dollar higher price tag would it be 3.5-5 million copies needed to break even assuming that extra ten bucks went strait into Konami's pockets?

I don't want to even think how much more has or will be spent on advertising.

P.S. Is it really necessary to attack Twestern as if he's literally taking a dump on the game or something? The Sony community here is really far too over-defensive. Take a chill pill guys.

this will be the last Metal Gear game. At least that's what they say. If it's true, it will sell a huge number of copies for years to come.

Both MGS2 and MGS3 were also said by Hideo to be the last Metal Gear Solid games as well. So its most likely not true since they already have talked about MGS5 in several podcasts.

Yea, that's what I figured. Just PR hype. If they do make a MGS5, I am sure they can leverage a very large amount of the costs incurred during this incarnation, thus spreading a lot of that 70 million over two games. 

Wasnt the 1024p resolution and 30fps already confirmed by Kojima ? I remember him saying that he only wants to make games at full 1024p :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Wasnt the 1024p resolution and 30fps already confirmed by Kojima ? I remember him saying that he only wants to make games at full 1024p :?

Kojima says alot of things and people have a bad habbit of believing everything he says. Unless confirmed by Konami there's very little of his bragging which we can take to heart.

halil23 said:
That was so immature twesterm!
How the hell an xbox fanboy become a mod...*sigh*
Shouldn't mod be mature & anti hate!!!

Did you want me to congratulate him for making a terrible thread title?

Around the Network

WAIT WAIT

Does the game really cost 70M $ ???

I can't believe it.

where are the links ?

Time to Work !

Onimusha12 said:
BengaBenga said:

$70 million? Holy Moley!

Wouldn't the game have to sell at least 7-10 million copies just to break even at that cost? Or at the ten dollar higher price tag would it be 3.5-5 million copies needed to break even assuming that extra ten bucks went strait into Konami's pockets?

I don't want to even think how much more has or will be spent on advertising.

P.S. Is it really necessary to attack Twestern as if he's literally taking a dump on the game or something? The Sony community here is really far too over-defensive. Take a chill pill guys.

Off the sticker price of a video game, various parties make money such as the developer, the publisher, the retailer...etc. Right now you're assuming that the developers' share of every game is about $10 (I'll assume that too) and that the developer shouldered that pricetag alone.

However, what if the publishered chipped in and took part of that cost? Let's say for the point of this example that the publisher's normal share would be $30 a game (the rest goes into overhead).

Now we're no longer looking at $70,000,000 vs $10 but $70,000,000 vs $40. The number of copies needed to break even is no longer 7,000,000 but rather 1,750,000. That looks much easier to make doesn't it?

I don't think any of those numbers accurately reflect reality but, at the same time, I'd speculate that they're not too far off.

twesterm said:
halil23 said:
That was so immature twesterm!
How the hell an xbox fanboy become a mod...*sigh*
Shouldn't mod be mature & anti hate!!!

Did you want me to congratulate him for making a terrible thread title?

I'm glad you are still you, even after becoming a mod.
I miss Bod and his internet hugs...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Dallinor said:
JOKA_ said:
fazz said:
twesterm said:
Man, all you people that act like I'm some hardass at the first sign of someone messing with me are crazy. :-p

In fact, you are a bit too soft of a mod ;> For all the complaining I hear about you, someone would think that you rule with iron fist :]

On-topic: I would be worried if MGS4 wasn't 1080p considering that there are already more detailed games on the PS3 that do it, like Uncharted.

Actually, I think Uncharted is 720p

The part that worries me is the 24fps part. I hope that doesn't make it into the final version.

Yup, it is. I just checked the back of the box to confirm it.

Really? My bad :P

But still Uncharted has better graph0x. 

libellule said:
WAIT WAIT

Does the game really cost 70M $ ???

I can't believe it.

where are the links ?

It's just made up, there's no proof of a budget yet. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs