By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat Wii Online Decapitated

akuma587 said:

I don't have anything against Nintendo, I am just worrying that they are alienating the serious gamers out there.

I think they alienated serious gamers long ago when it was learned the Wii would be barely more powerful than the original Xbox, if that. Given the hi-def and online fiascos with the GameCube (anyone remember Warp Pipe, LMFAO!), I can't believe anybody thought that Nintendo wasn't going to completely screw it up again with the Wii.

It's really quite pathetic.

Around the Network
n00b said:

Pathetic will do just fine.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

The Mortal Kombat Wii motion controls look like the dumbest thing I've seen in a game ever...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

but yet no wii can be found on shelves. and pc gamers are modding (like the original xbox) the wii to play with pc's. if u wanna see a hardcore gamer its not someone who plays only console games but also pc games and has an amazing pc. the elite gamers have modded pc's that makes shiny consoles look dull and boring. a hardcore gaming pc that everyone wants is alienware hands down but to call urself hardcore by just playing consoles does noit make you hartdcore by anymeans.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

KruzeS said:
n00b said:

Pathetic will do just fine.

That should be the official motto of every Nintendo console after the SNES.

Around the Network
n00b said:

That should be the official motto of every Nintendo console after the SNES.

No, that's since the DS.

Before the DS wasn't nearly as... pathetic.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Nah, I'm just talking consoles. DS and GBA SP are both quite nice in my opinion. :)

ckmlb said:
The Mortal Kombat Wii motion controls look like the dumbest thing I've seen in a game ever.. 

I have to say I agree.  There is nothing that is intuitive about quarter-circling forward with a Wii-mote pointer.  Maybe the fatalities will be something special.  I am sure they added in something that doesn't disgrace motion-sensing, at least I hope so.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

A hardcore gamer is someone pretentious enough to think their opinion is somehow more seasoned than an other's and that their view on what "games should be" happens to conveniently fit their biases after the fact.

There, I think that definition will suffice.

I'm just glad the Wii and its games aren't fataly dependent on online features like the 360 and PS3 is at this point.

Also its not fair to blame Nintendo for how another company decides to make a game for their system or whether they decide or not to put in an onine function.

ckmlb said:
The Mortal Kombat Wii motion controls look like the dumbest thing I've seen in a game ever...

So far, from what I've seen they look sort of simillar to the Dragon Ball fighting game. And reviews and word of mouth say that the controls are great, and really add to the game. I imagine MK might be like that. Of course, it's Motal Kombat, so who cares.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.