By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 1886 is Ryse Son of Rome

theprof00 said:
I agree.
Bloodborne is from the Demon's Souls makers though, so I expect it to have great gameplay. From Software is a talented experienced dev.

This.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
vivster said:
walsufnir said:

Do we have to point to the obvious again? One is 900p, the other one is 1080p. I don't know how anyone can miss that...

#superioreyesmasterrace

Do we know yet that BB is definitely 1080p?

They rather have 1080P with a slightly more sluggish framerate then lose the marketing power of 1080P.  So, I have no doubt that this game will be 1080P.

yvanjean said:
vivster said:

Do we know yet that BB is definitely 1080p?

They rather have 1080P with a slightly more sluggish framerate then lose the marketing power of 1080P.  So, I have no doubt that this game will be 1080P.

From the screenshots I've seen it looks as if they're just skimping out on AA to deal with performance issues. So it might have stable 30fps despite being 1080p and looking good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ryse was hyped up due to it's graphics and it was made by Crytek as an "exclusive". It had an "awe" factor to bring in the new gen and a reputable developer.

The Order, though? Previews were mixed (some said things like "I'd play the game if the final release is like what I played, others said things like "what happened to the gameplay?) and it got delayed, so the general reaction was "uh oh, guess it needs to be 'fixed'" not "OMG can't wait!". I won't deny, though, the "hype" that came as a reaction to the recent negative press, with people trying to justify the length of the game (and it didn't hurt that the game looks good, graphically, to supplement the reaction). But this isn't the same as legitimate hype and anticipation, is it?

Either way, I said, time and again, The Order was gonna be mediocre because Ready at Dawn was unproven. And I was right.

SlayerRondo said:

After Dying light and Evolve being disappointments this is just one more for the pile.

Dying Light a Disappointment?

PS4 Game Collection

Around the Network

Dont think dying light is a dissapointment but not played it but heard good things

I'm nearly one hour into the game and for the moment, I'm unable to see what justifies a low score. Gameplay is solid

BMaker11 said:

Ryse was hyped up due to it's graphics and it was made by Crytek as an "exclusive". It had an "awe" factor to bring in the new gen and a reputable developer.

So have people completely forgotten about all the bad press that Ryse got after the e3 2013 demo? The negative press was near univesal. I still thought it looked good but I was wrong.

If bloodborne follows the thrend, I would shit my pants cause that game looks cray cray atm

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

platformmaster918 said:
wilco said:
People disliked both games for the same reason and not because they were exclusives. I hope the industry finally gets the message: stop prioritizing cinematic experience, people want games, not movies.

is there a possibility of failure?  Do your inputs effect the outcome?  Sure Heavy Rain and GoW are different but they're both games.  The player still effects the game just like you can die or advance in the Order.

It is an exxageration to say that the Order is a movie but it is still far too obsessed with trying to be cinematic. It also does qte's in the worst possible way. I actually don't mind qte's when done right, i.e God of War. The order qte's (based on gameplay videos) appear to be randomly scattered about during cutscenes. Those are the most annoying kind. I would rather just watch the cutscene than to have a qte just pop up out of the blue. It was really annoying in RE5 and it looks annoying in the order as well.