By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Import thread! Dragon Quest Heroes review! Tales of Zestiria review!

ryuzaki57 said:

Senran Kagura news today!

Ayane is up on the JP PSN for 600 yens.  She doesn't seem to have shinobi tenshin though so bye-bye the extra life bar...

Also, the series oficially topped an historical 1 million (shipments, probably)

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/senran-kagura-series-tops-one-million-worldwide

Bear in mind it's a niche game that was excpected to sell 30K at first.

Happy for the series and hope continues for years to come. Looking forward to getting EV on PS4 and PSV.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Hello people. Sorry I haven't been in touch recently but I've actually resumed doing some sports and my schedule has therefore been busier.

https://ryuz4ki57inenglish.wordpress.com/2015/08/22/review-xenoblade-chronicles-x/

Sorry for the late response, but I had a question with something in your review.

In terms of characters, again Monolith’s work is unbalanced. 13 year-old (!) Lyn is quite good in her moe/kawaii role, her voice actress Mariya Ise (who also voice Riko from Aria the Scarlet Ammo) has the right tone to make her funny. But you won’t enjoy that because Nintendo isn’t bringing the original dubbing. Beyond that, no character stands out, even Elma is quite shallow until the very end. The others have almost no screentime, let alone a convincing showing, but the game had a surprise…

Has the bolded been confirmed? Maybe I haven't been paying close attention, but I assumed this game would be dual-audio like the original. It could be a big deal for me...if I'm forced to listen to English voice actors.

Actually it's not as sure as I thought. Someone made the remark on the French review so I double checked. The article I read said that XCX would have English and American voice acting, and it doesn't mention japanese voice acting BUT it might just be an article poiting at the fact there will be both American and British English. It doesn't mean that japanese voice acting is 100% out.

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-will-have-american-and-british-voice-acting/  

I'm not at all surprised that Senran Kagura 2 3DS ended up in the bomba bin. I reviewed that...thing. Although words can describe the crappy experience, I won't self promote. Let's just say it deserves to be in the bomba bin forever, no matter the country.

padib said:
Why is Bravely second in a bomba bin, I was sure that was a good game.

Because it sold poorly. Unless VGChartz is seriously under tracking it, the game didn't even sell 50% of what Bravely Default sold.

One million for Estival Versus is pure science fiction!
And it still has to come out in the west!...

Around the Network

Braverly series should come to Vita. I'm sure it would sell more on Vita than 3ds in Japan.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:

Braverly series should come to Vita. I'm sure it would sell more on Vita than 3ds in Japan.

It sold less than its prequel because SE couldn't hired REVO - previous composer and the soul of the game 

Supercell couldnt do the job so well like REVO did 

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

Ryuzaki, when you return to Japan, could you tell me the price of Code Name STEAM? It ought to be fun to find out.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

michel3105 said:
One million for Estival Versus is pure science fiction!
And it still has to come out in the west!...

One million cumulative for the whole series which is still very impressive as believe that means averaging between 150-200k per game world-wide.

That´s dissapointing. So many great games that we won´t have the chance to play. If western media gave a little more attention to Japanese games, and was less biased reviewing them, maybe story could be different.
Japanese games are definitely niche here, today.