By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I think The Order: 1886 won't be only 5 hours.

jlmurph2 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-u5tvQC34

Rofl....

Around the Network

walsufnir said:

Why is there an agenda when this video actually exists? Ignoring the video or trying to put the blame on the guy who published the video is, in my opinion, a more obvious hint for any agenda. "Don't shoot the messenger". If people have honest and reasonable doubts about the video, they can of course state it but this doesn't mean it was forged.

Just because its 1 video, i can show you a video of Darks souls 2 being completed killing all bosses no glitches in under 3 hours. Of course this is a very practiced speed run, but the point is differnt players play games at different paces. 1 Video of a guy possibly playing through a game on Easy mode, possibly not even his first time through not trying to do any of the collectible or side stuff just plowing thorugh the story is not necesarily a fair depiction of the average users first play through. 

Maybe im wrong maybe it is for this game. But i certainly would not take it as Gospel as you seem to be doing, not when we now have reviews coming out saying 7+hours and you still wont be 100% finished. 

Even if it is does it matter if the game is good enough, takes me about 6 hours to play through resident evil on the PS1 and i still go back and do it every few years, because its such a great game. 

Its pathetic really how haters try to kill this game

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Xenostar said:

walsufnir said:

Why is there an agenda when this video actually exists? Ignoring the video or trying to put the blame on the guy who published the video is, in my opinion, a more obvious hint for any agenda. "Don't shoot the messenger". If people have honest and reasonable doubts about the video, they can of course state it but this doesn't mean it was forged.

Just because its 1 video, i can show you a video of Darks souls 2 being completed killing all bosses no glitches in under 3 hours. Of course this is a very practiced speed run, but the point is differnt players play games at different paces. 1 Video of a guy possibly playing through a game on Easy mode, possibly not even his first time through not trying to do any of the collectible or side stuff just plowing thorugh the story is not necesarily a fair depiction of the average users first play through. 

Maybe im wrong maybe it is for this game. But i certainly would not take it as Gospel as you seem to be doing, not when we now have reviews coming out saying 7+hours and you still wont be 100% finished. 

Even if it is does it matter if the game is good enough, takes me about 6 hours to play through resident evil on the PS1 and i still go back and do it every few years, because its such a great game. 

That's many things at once :)

Of course people play at different "speed" and I can think of many people who want just to stare at the beautiful graphics which automatically makes a playthrough longer. Both extremes don't represent the overall length but then we shouldn't talk about any length at average as we don't know how the average joe will play the game.

For having it 100% finished we don't know what you have to do for it but you can platinum it in about 10 hours, no trophy is difficulty related.

Then you brought in replay value - yes, I played many games several times because they were so great (and I didn't have many options as a kid, of course). But what makes you go back is also totally subjective. If it is only gameplay, perhaps The Order is something for you. But the game itself doesn't unlock anything for you. No secret difficulty, no new weapons, no new enemies. You will play the same game again. If this is sufficient for you because the game itself is so good for you, then there actually is replay value.

That said, Resi 1 had replay value as you had the option to play with two different characters, in a game 19 years ago (which is funny as many games don't give you the option nowadays, The Order is only one piece of a whole set of games).

walsufnir said:

That's many things at once :)

Of course people play at different "speed" and I can think of many people who want just to stare at the beautiful graphics which automatically makes a playthrough longer. Both extremes don't represent the overall length but then we shouldn't talk about any length at average as we don't know how the average joe will play the game.

For having it 100% finished we don't know what you have to do for it but you can platinum it in about 10 hours, no trophy is difficulty related.

Then you brought in replay value - yes, I played many games several times because they were so great (and I didn't have many options as a kid, of course). But what makes you go back is also totally subjective. If it is only gameplay, perhaps The Order is something for you. But the game itself doesn't unlock anything for you. No secret difficulty, no new weapons, no new enemies. You will play the same game again. If this is sufficient for you because the game itself is so good for you, then there actually is replay value.

That said, Resi 1 had replay value as you had the option to play with two different characters, in a game 19 years ago (which is funny as many games don't give you the option nowadays, The Order is only one piece of a whole set of games).

Yes which is why i dont get all this fatuation with length. Hopefully as the campaign is short even at 7 hours they have built in replay value with reasons to do a second or even 3rd run. (Thats not just unlock a trophy for playing through again)

On the flip side the order might be complete trash, if a game was complete trash but 100 hours long would being a 100 hours long make it any better value.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:

This is the funniest thing i´ve seen today!! X,D

Brilliant

Goodnightmoon said:
jlmurph2 said:

This is the funniest thing i´ve seen today!! X,D

Brilliant

Definition of a contagious laugh

jlmurph2 said:

Argh! Now every time I see someone defending that game I will see this guy and hear him laughing! This is really funny and sad at the same time.

Guys in Taiwan said they beat the game in difficult around 7 hours.

I don't care if the game is 5 hours. Hour length is irrelevant to me. Quality over quantity my friends. Journey is only 2 hours long. MGS4 is probably only 4 hours without the cutscenes. MGS3 is the same. There's a ton of great games under 10 hours. Star Fox 64 is like 3 hours maybe. All those games are awesome and ya know why? Because you can go through them again and again and again. I've gotten so much out of short games, much more than I've gotten out of any online MP because I get bored with online MP while a fun cinematic SP I can always revisit. It's not 5 hours of playtime, it's infinity amount of playtime IF the quality is there. Not to mention this 5 hour stuff is complete nonsense anyway but I'm just saying it wouldn't even matter if it was true. People trying to condemn this game for lack of MP or not being AC length (which is only bolstered by putting in 1000 collectibles around a big map so you spend a lot of time walking around) is just ridiculous.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers