By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I think The Order: 1886 won't be only 5 hours.

Zackasaurus-rex said:

We already know that the game is ~12 hours for an average playthrough. c:

Plus, the length trolling in general has been an asinine internet event. The quality on display is pretty incredible, and we should be talking about that.

This is hard to discuss currently as most footage is either highly compressed or, even worse, youtubed. We will have to wait for direct feed gameplay and the DF thread to really discuss it technically.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:

Plus, the length trolling in general has been an asinine internet event. The quality on display is pretty incredible, and we should be talking about that.

This is hard to discuss currently as most footage is either highly compressed or, even worse, youtubed. We will have to wait for direct feed gameplay and the DF thread to really discuss it technically.

Oh, I did not only mean that in terms of visual fidelity (which itself has amazed me, especially when I played the PSX demo). I meant that holistically.

I'm guessing it's going to be 8-15 hours depending on play style.

Zackasaurus-rex said:

No we don't, lol. I have no idea where you heard that.

FloatingWaffles said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:

Ready at Dawn internal testing is the official support. Though I've also had it backed up by normal people who have the game and have played it. But we don't need cirumstantial evidence like that when we already have the official word.

Around the Network
Danman27 said:
I'm guessing it's going to be 8-15 hours depending on play style.

This is pretty reasonable. 10-12 is pretty standard on standard difficulty, and the average person doesn't spend enough time to get all of the optional stuff done. 

My own playthrough will probably be 15+ hours. Then I'll immediately replay it, of course.

Zackasaurus-rex said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Ready at Dawn internal testing is the official support. Though I've also had it backed up by normal people who have the game and have played it. But we don't need cirumstantial evidence like that when we already have the official word.

A developer isn't going to admit that their game is short.

walsufnir said:
I understand your reasoning but the video was there, although it wasn't just 5 hours.
We already know how much of the walkthrough was QTE and cutscene which has to be taken off by any playtime we get to know from here.
But let's not forget that the actual time you get to play the game is only one factor of the value of the game and there are a lot of other (of course subjective) factors to consider. By how much and whether they are to consider will most probably be the subject of many discussions to come.

You do bang on about this video alot, there are many videos on youtube that show games being completed in a fast time, doesnt mean thats the average first playthrough time for most players, especially for those people that play a game on a decent difficulty level. 

Although i expcept some people do play games for the story not to be challenged by an actual game. 

5 hours of actual gameplay, 8 hours with the cinematics that you can't skip.

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
I understand your reasoning but the video was there, although it wasn't just 5 hours.
We already know how much of the walkthrough was QTE and cutscene which has to be taken off by any playtime we get to know from here.
But let's not forget that the actual time you get to play the game is only one factor of the value of the game and there are a lot of other (of course subjective) factors to consider. By how much and whether they are to consider will most probably be the subject of many discussions to come.

You do bang on about this video alot, there are many videos on youtube that show games being completed in a fast time, doesnt mean thats the average first playthrough time for most players, especially for those people that play a game on a decent difficulty level. 

Although i expcept some people do play games for the story not to be challenged by an actual game. 

But how many are really fast in a first playthrough? And the guy wasn't only rushing, he was also walking around but didn't pick things up.

Of course this is not the average playtime but it seems 10 hours is too much. But of course it all depends on how you play and how often you die.