By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 complete playthrough.(Updated) -The Order 1886 has replayability according to an interview-

For games that you buy, how long should that game's duration be? Depends on genre of course.

Minimum 8hrs+ 198 83.19%

Minimum 8hrs- 39 16.39%

Total:237

Hah, the video is no longer there, and the user's account has been terminated.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

Dang! I guess it was bound to happen.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

mornelithe said:

I wonder why it took so long...

That poll...

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
That poll...

Beautiful huh?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

So I have to get this off my chest and this seems to be the best place to do it.

I've just finished playing through The Order about an hour ago. My roommate got his copy this morning, and let me play it after he beat it. I don't know what the hell Sony did but the street date has clearly been broken, because everyone's been getting their's early.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about the game's length or even it's gameplay because, at least in my opinion, that is NOT going to be the interesting thing people are going to be talking about once it's out everywhere. I'm not going to spoil it, but the story itself is likely going to... get a lot of people talking. The Order is going to be an extremely interesting game to follow news and discussion on, the most interesting of which will be about it's plot. Not how long it is and not how the gameplay is either.

spemanig said:
So I have to get this off my chest and this seems to be the best place to do it.

I've just finished playing through The Order about an hour ago. My roommate got his copy this morning, and let me play it after he beat it. I don't know what the hell Sony did but the street date has clearly been broken, because everyone's been getting their's early.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about the game's length or even it's gameplay because, at least in my opinion, that is NOT going to be the interesting thing people are going to be talking about once it's out everywhere. I'm not going to spoil it, but the story itself is likely going to... get a lot of people talking. The Order is going to be an extremely interesting game to follow news and discussion on, the most interesting of which will be about it's plot. Not how long it is and not how the gameplay is either.

Are you kidding or have you actually played the game? I mean, I know it is story oriented, but I can't imagine why people will be talking about its story and not about other things in the game like gameplay.

I guess I'll have to wait till Friday.

GTAexpert said:

Are you kidding or have you actually played the game? I mean, I know it is story oriented, but I can't imagine why people will be talking about its story and not about other things in the game like gameplay.

Yeah, I have. People will be talking about gameplay and lenth for sure, but it's not going to be anything we haven't heard leading up to it. Those are going to be frankly boring topics to read. If you knew, trust be, you'd get exactly why people will be talking about it. (the story) People here know my stance on games like this, and even I want to talk about the story more than those other things.

spemanig said:
GTAexpert said:

Yeah, I have. People will be talking about gameplay and lenth for sure, but it's not going to be anything we haven't heard leading up to it. Those are going to be frankly boring topics to read. If you knew, trust be, you'd get exactly why people will be talking about it. (the story) People here know my stance on games like this, and even I want to talk about the story more than those other things.

Oh, that sounds interesting. I don't want to spoil anything so is it true what people on GAF said? Story doesn't explain anything, leaves more questions unanswered, characters are shallow? You can easily see devs ran out of time?

walsufnir said:

Oh, that sounds interesting. I don't want to spoil anything so is it true what people on GAF said? Story doesn't explain anything, leaves more questions unanswered, characters are shallow? You can easily see devs ran out of time?

That's tough. Yes, the characters are shallow, but that's really not really much of an issue because they're all likable and their dialog is very well written and well acted. But yeah, the story leave a ton unanswered. And like obvious things. But not in some big way. It just felt deflated, and a lot of things you go through the game thinking they matter don't actually lead up to anything. That's why I think it'll be talked about so much. It ends in such a weird way. I guess you can call the ending "surprising," but that makes it out to be something that I don't think it is.

I didn't personally get the impression that they ran out of time at all. I don't know what they're talking about there.