By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 complete playthrough.(Updated) -The Order 1886 has replayability according to an interview-

For games that you buy, how long should that game's duration be? Depends on genre of course.

Minimum 8hrs+ 198 83.19%

Minimum 8hrs- 39 16.39%

Total:237
Angelus said:

I find it incredibly amusing that according to Gaf and apparently quite a few people here, this game's "real" length hinges on picking up a bunch of collectibles and gawking at them in your hand for x amount of hours. When was the last time somebody said Halo's true representative length has to take into account how long it takes you to find all the skulls or some BS like that lol

Do people not understand what collectibles are anymore? It's busy work. Artificial game lengthening in it's cheapest and most simplistic form. It adds next to zero actual value to your game

A guy platinumed TO:1886 in 10 hours.

4:06

Around the Network
DexInDaJungle said:
Kratos said:
So final boss fight is dissappointing, sucks to hear that
But hope the game is still great. I mean games like Bioshock had a horrible final boss fight and it was still a fantastic game.

You're 100% right about that and if this game has a good enough story that you can explore with fun collectibles like those audio diaries in Bioshock then it won't really matter if the game is 8 hours long or if the final boss is dissapointing. However, if the game truly is mostly cutscenes with little to learn/explore through, full of QTE and has a disappointing ending then there is room for concern.

I didn't watch the playthrough, just the final boss fight and ending cutscene so yeah...

I didnt watch anything (except trailers), Im surprised I was able to avoid spoilers

But yeah you are right, there is definitely room for concern if the last thing turns out to be true, I hope the game ends up like the first thing you suggested though

Otherwise I will have to find another game that can satisfy my need for cool lightning guns

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

No, the defenders were saying we didn't know (It should also be noted, it's not quite logical to say all defenders or all those critical did this, or that), and couldn't derive a conclusion from a section of the game that's clearly a tutorial on gunplay.   Ergo, wait and see.  The hater's, simply poored on the hatred, which is hardly a 'wait and see' approach.  Furthermore, the vast majority of those commenters (as is typical in cases such as this), weren't even interested in the game to begin with, just wanted to shit all over something, likely because they weren't planning on owning the system in question.  A typical problem this day and age (For all sides, not just one or the other).

As far as thread titles changing in this here forum, I already addressed that, so when the mods can't even force a _real world_ thread, to be accurate, what they do with fantasy bullshit threads are of little to no concern to me.

It's the people that fall between defenders and haters that took the wait-and-see approach. You had one group that had decided that the game was going to suck from the start, but you also had another group that insisted that it was going to be a great game that is worth its money. You argue as if the defenders took a reasonable stance, but that's evidently not the case. I reiterate the example from yesterday.

Whereas haters dismiss games on systems they don't intend on owning, defenders fight for whatever happens to be exclusive to their system. Neither group can be proud of themselves, but the latter is required to keep the former motivated. If nobody's there to defend something, then there's no fun in mocking. But since The Order 1886 had an unreal amount of people who put too much faith in it, it became the talking point that it is, so it's in the hot topics all the time. It doesn't quite reach the level of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, but it's certainly up there.

See, I think we actually agree on allot more than at first glance.  However, from what I saw of the debacle since the original demo was discussed, was a seismic landslide of hate, without really much to go on.  I didn't see nearly as many defenders, as I saw folks going apeshit over how much it sucks.  And I honestly didn't see nearly as many threads commenting on it's shortcomings (based on a demo that everyone, universally said was underwhelming).  This may entirely be perspective based (because there's no way in hell I'm going back and individually counting each thread, and each comment lol).

Bolded - Definitely a problem, and something that's turning more and more people off to reviews, or comments sections of games.

Anyway, since I dont have the money to buy a Ps4, ive since been watching the game on youtube. From what I can see, the game itself is short and is consists ~40% cutscenes. But from time to time you would forget if you are playing the game or still watching one of the many unavoidable cut-scenes as the cinematics seamlessly ties itself with the gameplay. It is VERY VERY well done. The story itself is very engaging and well written.

The gunplay looks great and there are efforts obvious to make the game non-linear. But it is VERY linear as it is supposed to be. From watching the game, I can understand why the game is so short. You can see that love and effort have been poured on to the game. The value here lies on the quality and not the quantity. Hell, and quality it has.

Yay!!!

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

See, I think we actually agree on allot more than at first glance.  However, from what I saw of the debacle since the original demo was discussed, was a seismic landslide of hate, without really much to go on.  I didn't see nearly as many defenders, as I saw folks going apeshit over how much it sucks.  And I honestly didn't see nearly as many threads commenting on it's shortcomings (based on a demo that everyone, universally said was underwhelming).  This may entirely be perspective based (because there's no way in hell I'm going back and individually counting each thread, and each comment lol).

Bolded - Definitely a problem, and something that's turning more and more people off to reviews, or comments sections of games.

Maybe this is a good time to tell you that I had to find something to pass the time on Super Bowl Sunday. Otherwise I might forget about it and you'll hold a grudge against me forever.

Not sure what the SB has to do with it, nothing really.  And, I hate to break it to you, but there's really very little out there that I 'hate', certainly not disagreements or differences of opinion online.  Dislike?  Sure.  Disagree with?  Absolutely.  Disgusted with?  On occasion...but hate?  Nah.  I'm not emotionally attached to enough of these things to have that kind of a reaction.

Beyond that, when the Pats are out of the running, I stop watching Football, also.  So, I wouldn't blame you for skipping it if you aren't a fan of either team.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

I find it incredibly amusing that according to Gaf and apparently quite a few people here, this game's "real" length hinges on picking up a bunch of collectibles and gawking at them in your hand for x amount of hours. When was the last time somebody said Halo's true representative length has to take into account how long it takes you to find all the skulls or some BS like that lol

Do people not understand what collectibles are anymore? It's busy work. Artificial game lengthening in it's cheapest and most simplistic form. It adds next to zero actual value to your game

Yeah, this is actually the first time I've heard people use "get all collectibles" as part of the game length. On howlongtobeat.com the main story time is the actual main story people will be reviewing. Not rummaging around in corners. That would be the completionist time.

I gave this game the benefit of the doubt when the achievement guy came out and said he played a while before beating it. But 5-6 hours of majority being cutscene and QTE is not a good purchase. Renting would be the best option.

jlmurph2 said:
Angelus said:

Yeah, this is actually the first time I've heard people use "get all collectibles" as part of the game length. On howlongtobeat.com the main story time is the actual main story people will be reviewing. Not rummaging around in corners. That would be the completionist time.

I gave this game the benefit of the doubt when the achievement guy came out and said he played a while before beating it. But 5-6 hours of majority being cutscene and QTE is not a good purchase. Renting would be the best option.

Agreed there, but I do spend a hell of allot more time looking around and exploring my first playthrough, so I end up getting allot of them as it is.  However, definitely shouldn't be counted as overall game length.  100% length, would be more accurate.

mornelithe said:
jlmurph2 said:

Agreed there, but I do spend a hell of allot more time looking around and exploring my first playthrough, so I end up getting allot of them as it is.  However, definitely shouldn't be counted as overall game length.  100% length, would be more accurate.

Same here. Its why I had a blast playing Sunset Overdrive and Saints Row 4. Tons of collectibles. But yeah 100% length sounds better.

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

Not sure what the SB has to do with it, nothing really.  And, I hate to break it to you, but there's really very little out there that I 'hate', certainly not disagreements or differences of opinion online.  Dislike?  Sure.  Disagree with?  Absolutely.  Disgusted with?  On occasion...but hate?  Nah.  I'm not emotionally attached to enough of these things to have that kind of a reaction.

Beyond that, when the Pats are out of the running, I stop watching Football, also.  So, I wouldn't blame you for skipping it if you aren't a fan of either team.

It means that the whole conversation over Deflategate didn't represent my actual perspective on the issue.

Well, that's unfortunate.  My only issue w/ that whole thing is I'm a very, very strong believer in due process.  Without it, shit like Rosewood, Fla. happens.  Without it, my brother would've been convicted for a hate crime, just because he looked similar to a very bad person.  The court of general opinion is something I tend to stay away from, because the general public tends to be idiotic and allow emotions to trump logic and evidence.

That having been said, if the process goes through and there's evidence of cheating, I would fully expect a punishment.   Anyway, not trying to derail the thread over another issue, so send me a PM or bring it up in the football thread if you want to discuss it further.

deskpro2k3 said:

lol YES