By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 complete playthrough.(Updated) -The Order 1886 has replayability according to an interview-

For games that you buy, how long should that game's duration be? Depends on genre of course.

Minimum 8hrs+ 198 83.19%

Minimum 8hrs- 39 16.39%

Total:237
LudicrousSpeed said:

A lot of people are talking about how short other games are and how they still ended up being good thanks to replay factor, does anyone who watched these Order videos consider the game to honestly be very replay friendly? It sure doesn't look like it to me. Entire chapters are cut scenes where you have little to no control, large portions of QTE. And I was expecting an awesome narrative. There are already lots of posts on GAF about huge plot holes and unresolved issues in the game, as if they ran out of time in development (which could also explain the abundance of QTE's). This is why the short play time is an even bigger deal with The Order. There seems to be 0 reason to go back, unless you are ok with playing what is apparently a ho-hum game for great graphics.

MGS4 doesn't have replay factor but it has awesome graphics, still a good game though. It has collectables yes, but the order also have collectables as well.

it is clear to me that some people have an agenda, not saying you but some people do when it comes to this game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I watched a little more than half of it during the weekend.

My 72 metacritic prediction probably wasn't that bad.

Length doesn't really matter, I can finish Resident Evil 2 in less than 3 hours.

bananaking21 said:
feuerhirn said:

I'm through, it took me between 8 and 9 hours. I'm no fast player but I'm also not a slow one.

on normal, hard  or easy? 

Normal, didn't change the difficulty.

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

If the game is good enough, like the original Uncharted, it's worth paying $60+ for a 6 hour experience. That being said, I don't think this game will be good enough to be valued at ~$12 an hour.

foodfather said:
feuerhirn said:
I'm through, it took me between 8 and 9 hours. I'm no fast player but I'm also not a slow one.

Some things: there's barely QTE in the game and just because of the boss being one of those moments, the game isn't bad. And everyone here claiming that the game is full of QTEs is just trolling, I guess.

Same goes for that 'cinematic' claim: sometimes you don't even notice when you are in a "cutscene" or when you leave one, the whole game flow is pretty amazing and it feels good that the actualy gameplay and the actual parts where the game tries to tell it's story are that close together.

To the generic gameplay mechanics: yeah well...it is a 3rd Person Shooter and it is pretty hard to reinvent the genre. But the weapons and the really nice controls (best controls I've had in a while) are something noticable.

Besides that: the whole playlist of that YouTuber rushing through the game is about 6 hours long, I don't knw why everyone is talking about 5 hours oO

I would recommend to wait until it's a bit cheaper, the playtime really is one of the few let downs this game has. But besides that it's one of the better games I've seen the last year.

Its intersting that you claim to have completed. Also very interesting that all your observations seem to be the polar opposite of what most people on the YT channel are saying in the comments section. 

Your claims of ''barely'' any QTE's are a bit farfetched. While in gameplay, yeah, QTE's only pop up as executions / stealth moves, but they pop up a lot in cutscenes. It certainly isn't a QTE fest, but there is a lot more than you are putting on. 

Cutscene transition was something that actually shocked me in the playthough. The transition looks the same in any other game. There is no ''seamlless'' transition from TPS to a cinematic cutscene. Cutscenes from the looks of it start rather abruptly and at very random intervals. And this is from watching a YT playthough, I can't imagine how gamebreaking it would be while actually playing the game. 

As for the gameplay, you are right in that it certainly wont be reinventing anything. I just dont think 5 mins of walking, followied by 5 mins of shooting, followed by 5 mins of cutscenes accounts to engaging gameplay.

Where is your proof that you have completed the game? 

Well, the problem is: by just watching the YT video of the game it really feels like an unspectacular and boring game. That's what I can say after playing and watching it afterwards. I wouldn't judge it alone by watching the videos. I would rent it or buy it, when the price is a bit better and see for yourself how nice the game actually is. But judging by the YT videos alone I would probably come to the same conclusion as you did.  And for my proof: if you tell me how I can insert a screenshot I will give you a few of my chapter selection and trophies xD

Edit: Here you are: 

https://scontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10835060_859002884145863_8218256024466829309_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1462791_859002850812533_3631564232956960677_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10960259_859002814145870_8637350599835612058_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10896276_859002764145875_3183270517870020045_o.jpg

The gold trophy you see there first is the one for finishing the game. I can easily show it to you in english, if you really want to. So yeah, here's my proof. I'm through. And when I'm telling you, that YT Vids not really show what the game is like, you can probably believe me. I'm not saying this is a game of the year and I'm also not saying The Order is a 9 out of 10. But some of the things people already sell as 'facts' again are not true, all I'm saying.

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
This is getting fucking pathetic, the hate this game is getting is mindblowing...

I think the hate is more than justified. 

When more and more people start seeing the ending that was posted, its going to get a lot worse. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
This is getting fucking pathetic, the hate this game is getting is mindblowing...

This usually happens when a game gets a lot of attention but from early playthroughs does not live up to the expectation.  This definitely seems to be the case with the order.  After watching all the effects and screenshots of the game there is a high expectation for this new IP.  The problem is that the actual gameplay is not appealing to a lot of people and thus when the bar is high so is the fall.

I am not saying that The order is a bad game but there is probably enough evidence now that it will be one of those polar type of games where some will love and some will hate and a lot of people will be in the middle.  Just from what I was able to gather, I probably will not purchase the game at full value but easily wait unit it drops to 20 bucks.

feuerhirn said:

[img]https://scontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1462791_859002850812533_3631564232956960677_o.jpg

[img]https://scontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10960259_859002814145870_8637350599835612058_o.jpg

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10896276_859002764145875_3183270517870020045_o.jpg" border="0">

The gold trophy you see there first is the one for finishing the game. I can easily show it to you in english, if you really want to. So yeah, here's my proof. I'm through. And when I'm telling you, that YT Vids not really show what the game is like, you can probably believe me. I'm not saying this is a game of the year and I'm also not saying The Order is a 9 out of 10. But some of the things people already sell as 'facts' again are not true, all I'm saying.

Alright fair enough. you didn't need to go through the trouble to prove it though...

Those are the words from the youtuber that played the game:

"For The Order: 1886 I didn't cut anything out and took my time. I am playing on normal difficulty and it's my first playthrough, wasn't rushing anything. YES, THE GAME REALLY IS THAT SHORT!
I didn't cut anything out. Just play the game and you'll know.

And those claiming it's 11 hour or longer probably took long breaks in between, or didn't measure their exact time. People claiming the game takes longer than 6h are only giving rough estimates, but here you have a full video walkthrough that proves how long the game really is. And I stayed in cover a lot, died a bunch of times, tried around with all sorts of weapons, paused the game here and there. If it was a speedrun it would only take 4 hours total.

There's 3 hours of cutscenes, 1 hour of interactive cutscenes / QTEs and 1,5 hours of gameplay. That's it. That's all there is to this game. When I started uploading these walkthroughs I had no idea some childish fanboys would get so worked up over the game's length and make wild accusations that I supposedly cut out some stuff (which simply isn't true).

Wait a few more days till other people have their walkthroughs up and you'll see they are all 4-6 hours. Whoever claims the game took them longer is just giving a rough estimate and didn't measure the time. It just feels longer than it really is because most of the time you are waiting around for the cutscenes to end, which can be a little exhausting if you do it in one sitting."

Goodnightmoon said:
Those are the words from the youtuber that played the game:

"For The Order: 1886 I didn't cut anything out and took my time. I am playing on normal difficulty and it's my first playthrough, wasn't rushing anything. YES, THE GAME REALLY IS THAT SHORT!
I didn't cut anything out. Just play the game and you'll know.

And those claiming it's 11 hour or longer probably took long breaks in between, or didn't measure their exact time. People claiming the game takes longer than 6h are only giving rough estimates, but here you have a full video walkthrough that proves how long the game really is. And I stayed in cover a lot, died a bunch of times, tried around with all sorts of weapons, paused the game here and there. If it was a speedrun it would only take 4 hours total.

There's 3 hours of cutscenes, 1 hour of interactive cutscenes / QTEs and 1,5 hours of gameplay. That's it. That's all there is to this game. When I started uploading these walkthroughs I had no idea some childish fanboys would get so worked up over the game's length and make wild accusations that I supposedly cut out some stuff (which simply isn't true).

Wait a few more days till other people have their walkthroughs up and you'll see they are all 4-6 hours. Whoever claims the game took them longer is just giving a rough estimate and didn't measure the time. It just feels longer than it really is because most of the time you are waiting around for the cutscenes to end, which can be a little exhausting if you do it in one sitting."

Damn, sounds like he snapped. 

Originally in the comments though he was giving more conservative estimates and saying that the game might take longer for average people and that he could have explored a lot more... now he flat out says it how it is. 

All that needs to be done is round up the sites that says this was a speed run/ he skipped scenes and add them to the shitlist of BS websites. I think it was DualShockers that said he ''skipped'' everything at first before stealth editing the article.