By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Massive Wii Anti-Shortage on it's way to the UK

UK retailers are reporting “the biggest shipments they have ever gotten since Wii Launch” And after the UK comes Europe and then THE WORLD!

Thank God for the extra Wii factories Nintendo put in China so we can FINALLY start getting some Wiis on the shelves.

Move over massive stacks of unsold PS3s you're about to have company cause now all 3 systems will be in stock until the fall shopping season......

Source: http://www.jolt.co.uk/index.php?articleid=8729

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon

Around the Network

Cool - supplies are finally coming through :) Maybe this means we will see some new games released...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

New games are not gonna change schedule. Still a few in the summer and most EVERYTHING in the fall.

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon

I bet they cant sell them all in one day. It would take 2 days to get that many people through the registers.

Is this shipment enough to satisfy demand or will it quickly sell out?

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network
Steve 3.2 said:
Is this shipment enough to satisfy demand or will it quickly sell out?

I'd say the latter, but who knows

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Just in time for Mario Strikers.

Huge shipments are great, but it's unlikely to satisfy the demand.  The Wii is like a virus: it's a self-marketing system.  The more Wiis that are sold, the more people there are showing Wiis off to their friends.  Sure, this happens with all consoles, but with the Wii people *always* ask, "how much is that?  Oh, really?  I should buy one.   What do you mean I can't?"

And this isn't just gamers, this is everyone.   People literally say, "I don't know how to do video games" and two hours later they're trying to find out where they can give Nintendo $250 to buy the damn thing.

Some people suspect that once the Wii's supply increases sufficiently to meet demand, sales will slow significantly and it may not even continue outselling the 360.  That's silly -- the system's popularity seems to be only increasing, especially with casual gamers or non-gamers.

I think that casual users get hooked usually after they have played with the Wii. More units in the hands of the public means more opportunity to hook people. If anything, availability will drive demand even more.

I actually saw Wiis in stock at Frys this weekend. First time since November that I have seen them available. They had a promotion going "Wii love our mom" for Mother's day. Buy mom a video game console, that has to be a first.