By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Issues with IGN's MM3D Score

Is IGN full of idiots?

Yes 228 67.66%

No 109 32.34%

Total:337
ExplodingBlock said:
veritaz said:
Games don't start off at a 10 point rating, you know that right? A review doesn't start off at 10 and take points off.

Well they give the original Majora's Mask a 9.9, so they took off 1.2 points for the exact same temple

Come on! The original is 15 years old. You have to review the game by todays standards and the standards have changed.

Around the Network

Well they gave TLoU a 10 so i guess i can agree with you OP :D.

SWORDF1SH said:

Come on! The original is 15 years old. You have to review the game by todays standards and the standards have changed.

The last time I did that was with Rare games and I got lots of criticism for it soooo....

a game without flaws is not a "perfect game" it's a polished game

and a game that's essentially 15 years old will have aspects that just don't "wow" people anymore

ExplodingBlock said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The last time I did that was with Rare games and I got lots of criticism for it soooo....

Not sure I follow.Did you review games? Did You reviewed old games or reviewed a remake? Or do you mean something else?

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
So you're telling me that someone is an idiot because they have a different opinion than you?

well in my case that it happens to be true. if somebody has a different opinion than me, they are in idiot. that statement isnt an opinion, its a fact. 

SWORDF1SH said:
ExplodingBlock said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Not sure I follow.Did you review games? Did You reviewed old games or reviewed a remake? Or do you mean something else?

No, I reviewed the old Rare games and I judged them by todays standards, which gained a lot of hate

ExplodingBlock said:
SWORDF1SH said:
ExplodingBlock said:

No, I reviewed the old Rare games and I judged them by todays standards, which gained a lot of hate

OK. Can you see the difference here though? You're reviewing old games by todays standards (a concept I don't mind btw) and reviewing a game that has been remastered and rereleased on a new platform. A new game in its own right. Very few games age well and to get 8.7 today is absolutly amazing for a 15 year old game. Not sure why you're mad.

Going back to the hate you got. You're going to get hate not matter you do in the online arena. Some might be justified some will not. I can see why people would get upset but I don't condone hate for something so harmless

huiii said:
PixelPerfect said:

insert 7.8/10 too much water joke here

In all seriousness, they can be hypocrites sometimes, but what really boggles my mind is how much different their score for the original was compared to this one, since I've heard that they improved some things in the Great Bay Temple as well. People have had a problem with their scores for awhile and they are a part of why I'm not a huge fan of scores, since most people pay more attention to that than the points made in the review.  IGN has more problems than just review scores though.

Games age, and sometimes they don't age well. What might have been a good game/ good game mecanics or whatever 10 years ago can be outdated now. The game has to compete with modern games and be judged according to modern standards now so a difference in reviewscores  to 10 years ago makes sense imo.

That said i haven't played the original Majoras Mask nor the 3ds version nor have i read the review, so what do i know.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I still wish that they would stop giving out review scores though so that more people would see the points that they listed rather than just a few quick notes and a number out of 10.

-______-