3DS 57 22.18%

PSV 10 3.89%

Wii U 6 2.33%

PS4 170 66.15%

XBO 14 5.45%

Total:257
Samus Aran said:
mornelithe said:

Well, even w/ the Wii U, the PS4 still wins Feb NPD pretty easily.

3DS...

Not relevant to that particular list, for obvious reasons.  It dominates its market, and will clearly win the handheld comp for Feb. 

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Samus Aran said:
mornelithe said:

3DS...

Not relevant to that particular list, for obvious reasons.  It dominates its market, and will clearly win the handheld comp for Feb. 

It's a device which has gaming as its main focus. The only reason you don't think it's relevant is because of some elitist mind set that treats handhelds as second rate.

Samus Aran said:
mornelithe said:

It's a device which has gaming as its main focus. The only reason you don't think it's relevant is because of some elitist mind set that treats handhelds as second rate.

You can explain it however you want, you can justify it however you want, I separate handheld and home console sales, and clearly the list you saw and I was commenting on, does the same.  Your judgements on the type of people that do such a thing, are irrelevant.

mornelithe said:
Samus Aran said:

You can explain it however you want, you can justify it however you want, I separate handheld and home console sales, and clearly the list you saw and I was commenting on, does the same.  Your judgements on the type of people that do such a thing, are irrelevant.

What you think is irrelevant as the facts are that the 3DS will most likely sell more in february than PS4.

Samus Aran said:
mornelithe said:

What you think is irrelevant as the facts are that the 3DS will most likely sell more in february than PS4.

You comparing handheld to home console sales, are equally irrelevant, and it seems the only people who do this are Nintendo fans.  Wonder why.  Probably a combination of the Wii U's irrelevance month to month, and the PS Vita's irrelevance month to month.  Whatever makes you happy, I guess.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
teigaga said:

Gonna predict the main 3:

PS4: 260k
Xbox One:200k
Wii U: 60k

What makes this the main 3? Because their Home Consoles...... So Not a Handheldcist :p

Well the handhelds are old hat now, not as fun to predict. 

mornelithe said:
Samus Aran said:

You comparing handheld to home console sales, are equally irrelevant, and it seems the only people who do this are Nintendo fans.  Wonder why.  Probably a combination of the Wii U's irrelevance month to month, and the PS Vita's irrelevance month to month.  Whatever makes you happy, I guess.

How is it irrelevant to compare two devices that have gaming as its main focus? The two major titles released for the 3DS this month are Majora's Mask 3D (a remake of a console Zelda game) and Monster Hunter 4U (a series that started out on home consoles).

The topic asks who'll win NPD this month. NPD tracks 3DS, so there's no reason what so ever to ignore it.

Samus Aran said:
mornelithe said:

How is it irrelevant to compare two devices that have gaming as its main focus? The two major titles released for the 3DS this month are Majora's Mask 3D (a remake of a console Zelda game) and Monster Hunter 4U (a series that started out on home consoles).

The topic asks who'll win NPD this month. NPD tracks 3DS, so there's no reason what so ever to ignore it.

I dunno, for me, I just view them as different enough markets that they really shouldn't be compared.  Kind of like how I view phone/tablet gaming to be different markets from the others, etc...  Not that I really have anything against Nintendo, because I don't.  Just haven't gotten any of their hardware in awhile.

mornelithe said:
tbone51 said:
Nate4Drake said:

Easy, PS4 will win Feb NPD.

PS4 : 235k

X1 : 150k

If your only putting it against the X1, then sure^

Your right, and excluding the 3ds PS4 still wins!

mornelithe said:
Samus Aran said:

No, NPD does this as well. There is a reason why When 3DS wins, the Home Console that gets 2nd overall says #1 for HC.

Also the same argument can be said about you or Non nintendo fans excluding 3ds, soooooo...... But hey watever floats your boat.