By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is a Victim of their own success.

Those pics just made my day. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

actually EGM, shock, had a decent article on this. 3rd parties might have a hard time appealing to people who only play Wii Sports/Play/Fit/Music/etc

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

mesoteto said:

Enter the ICHC online Poker Cats Contest!

Enter the ICHC online Poker Cats Contest!

I lol'ed.  Somehow mesoteto's cat pics never get tiring.

ssj12 said:
actually EGM, shock, had a decent article on this. 3rd parties might have a hard time appealing to people who only play Wii Sports/Play/Fit/Music/etc
 Good point.  Unless TPs are able to make somewhat similar games and place ads for them.  I know it sounds hard, but if TPs want to make money and sell games, they will do it.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Eh? I dunno about you but the Wii games has been selling alot better than their Gamecube counter parts.

Brawl outsold Melee in Japan just now.
Mario Galaxy just outsold Mario Sunshine worldwide.
Zelda TP just outsold Zelda WW worldwide.

Around the Network

Everything said in this thread is true. Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff. Even both sides of every argument. Seriously, selling more units than all your competitors combined has really got to hurt your bottom line and make you question your business decisions in the future. Having each franchise reach more customers than their last iteration has got to be a horrible thing. I mean, these aren't even gamers, so if non-gamers are buying your games, what the fuck do you think's gonna happen in a year or 2 when the 720 PS9 come out with their 5D gaming? This won't last. Nothing does. Gamers want guns and blood and tits, and if Nintendo doesn't have the balls to deliver, somebody else will. Blood and tits win every console war. Look at the data. The writing's on the wall Nintendo!

Most of you guys who are just flaming him, shouldn't. He never said Wii is the fall of Nintendo, but that Nintendo's methods hold them back to a degree with developers. Yes we have all heard this many many times, but he only has 34 posts and is trying to find an intelligent place here at VGChartz. These thoughts he has are probably why he signed up so he could talk to fellow gamers about it.

I saw 3 posts out of the lot that actually reply to his post for what it says, the rest just wrote it off, most seemingly without having read it. Don't get me wrong, the pics are awesome, but its a bit harse, and I've seen people banned for less when they weren't a part of a mob effort.

That the Wii is only bought by former non-gamers is purely media hype. The majority of Wiis went to Nintendo fans and other gamers. Nintendo representatives including Reggie and Iwata have said as much several times.

Add to that the fact that the Wii is selling 3 times as fast as the GameCube and 75 % faster than the N64 and you'll come to the conclusion that the Wii is biggest opportunity Nintendo has had to offer to 3rd parties in a long time.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Any developers who don't fully support the Wii are cutting themselves off from a majority of the market, from a majority of software sales, from a majority of core gamers, casual gamers, ex-gamers, non-gamers, whatever you want to call them. Nintendo has the majorities of all of them. Developers who don't want that are stupid and will be losing money accordingly.

You know I think they have it at least partially true. Nintendo will have to shut down as a business once their headquarters becomes so stuffed with money that they can no longer open any doors without it being a safety hazard.

It will be a sad end to a great company =(