By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Longest RPG you've ever played?

Tagged games:

Zekkyou said:
Are MMORPG's cheating? :p If not then FF14:ARR. I've put a bit under 1400 hours into it, with the core 2.0 story taking me about 190 hours (though that includes some messing around with other classes and crafting).

If you're excluding MMO's then i'm not sure which would be the actual longest, but I've probably put the most time into either FF9, Pokemon Emerald or Persona 4. Not sure which though, i only developed the habit of timing game sessions a few years ago (though i know i spent 114 hours with P4:G).

Ahh, FFXIV: ARR..I definitely want to play that game because it seems so grand and adventurous. Although, I have little to zero experience with MMORPGs and that subscription model..

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger: it's the game that never ends; it goes on and on, my friend!

I think that goes to Persona 3: FES ...

RPG : Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age:Origin

JRPG:FF 9, FF10, FF 12 (for quest)

Fallout New Vegas

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

If you mean longest main quest...hmm... i think Xenogears was 60 hours, Xenoblade around that or longer aswell. Persona 3 and 4 aswell.

If you mean just roaming around doing side quests... it really depends on what one likes. Pokemon, Skyrim, Fallout, Xenoblade... they all had plenty of side content to take you above 100 hours.

Well, there are some RPG's that are basically as long as you want to make them, the Final Fantasy series for instance. But I think the prize goes to Baldur's Gate II for me; I spent around 200 hours on that and the expansion.

Only main story:

Including post-game:

I never played FFXI or FFIV, but I put 100+ hours into each of FFI-FFX and FFXII-FFXIII.

I probably could have built pyramids or something with all of my RPG hours, but then who would have killed Chaos, Cloud of Darkness, X-Death...

Top 3 are Pokemon Gold, followed by Pokemon Emerald, then Mass Effect 2.