By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft record breaking Q3 Sales of 810m Euros - PS4 34%/X1 23% -Ass Creed & Far Cry 4 10m/7m sold in

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

I bought far cry 4 ps4 and watch dogs ps4. Both very fun games and not broken messes in need of dlc. I will buy the sequels too

Far Cry is the only game they got right this year. Watch Dogs is in no way a fun or polished/finished game. It ran horrible when I played it, maybe they patched it, but I don't care.

Indeed.  Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were both vile abominations that no one liked and South Park: The Stick of Truth resulted in protest marches all across the western world.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Samus Aran said:

Far Cry is the only game they got right this year. Watch Dogs is in no way a fun or polished/finished game. It ran horrible when I played it, maybe they patched it, but I don't care.

Indeed.  Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were both vile abominations that no one liked and South Park: The Stick of Truth resulted in protest marches all across the western world.

Wasn't even made by them lol. They only picked up publishing rights after THQ went bankrupt.
Child of light is your argument? A small digital only game? Ok. I'm sure that's where their 810m euros come from.

Apart from Unity I don't really get what some people are so fussy about. What great evil am I not seeing? The only beef I have with Ubisoft are their PC ports which aren't as optimal as they could be which is strange because the 1st Assassins Creed game ran really well.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Samus Aran said:
pokoko said:

Wasn't even made by them lol. They only picked up publishing rights after THQ went bankrupt.
Child of light is your argument? A small digital only game? Ok.

Oh, so it's not a game if it's not a blockbuster lol?  Good to know lol.

Ok.

pokoko said:
Samus Aran said:

Child of light is your argument? A small digital only game? Ok.

Ok.

It's not where their 810m euros come from, no.
Obviously I'm only talking about their blockbuster games, that's 99% of their revenue. Ass Creed brought in about $300 million in revenue alone, and that for a broken game.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
pokoko said:

Ok.

It's not where their 810m euros come from, no.
Obviously I'm only talking about their blockbuster games, that's 99% of their revenue.

Oh, of course.  I simply misunderstood you when you said, "that's the only game they got right this year."  I thought that "only game" meant "only game", not "only game that fits the qualifications I want to use".  My mistake.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Apart from Unity I don't really get what some people are so fussy about. What great evil am I not seeing? The only beef I have with Ubisoft are their PC ports which aren't as optimal as they could be which is strange because the 1st Assassins Creed game ran really well.

It's a mystery.  They were hailed on these forums as being the best of the third-party publishers/developers when they announced awesome games like ZombiU and Rayman legends.  Then, suddenly, they were considered the very face of evil for releasing games like ... Rayman Legends.  It's odd.

pokoko said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

It's a mystery.  They were hailed on these forums as being the best of the third-party publishers/developers when they announced awesome games like ZombiU and Rayman legends.  Then, suddenly, they were considered the very face of evil for releasing games like ... Rayman Legends.  It's odd.

What is odd is that you forgot that Rayman Legends started out as a Wii U exclusive and was then delayed for a year just so it would release at the same time as the ports.

Or how Watch Dogs got a serious downgrade.

Or how they created a broken Tetris game (and charge $15 for it lol).

Those of you that understand economic mumbo-jumbo, are these two numbers comparable? (except for the different time fames)
Nintendos operating profit for its third fiscal quarter of 2014 -2015:   ¥31.4 billion ($266 million)
Ubisoft non-IFRS operating income target for the full year 2014 - 2015:  €165 million ($188 million)

If so Ubisoft is almost as big as Nintendo. It has already almost twice as many employees:9,200 vs 5,213

Samus Aran said:
pokoko said:

What is odd is that you forgot that Rayman Legends started out as a Wii U exclusive and was then delayed for a year just so it would release at the same time as the ports.

Or how Watch Dogs got a serious downgrade.

Or how they created a broken Tetris game (and charge $15 for it lol).

Oh, I didn't forget.  I just find it amusing how certain factions on these forums went from loving Ubisoft games to hating Ubisoft games so suddenly.  It's almost as if it's not about the games at all.  It's interesting to watch.