By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Boom ( WiiU & 3DS) shifted 490k copies

Tagged games:

Considering all of the negative attention that the game has been getting I'm actually quite surprised.

Around the Network

mfw this game is having better legs than Bayonetta 2.

Okay. I have the game. Graphics suck. Textures suck. Filled with glitches, (glitches and frame rate were fixed in patch) bad shading and the story/cutscenes suck. As for actual gameplay, I like what they were trying to do with it. And that part alone is fun. However, the rest gets rid of all fun unless you can move past it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
Okay. I have the game. Graphics suck. Textures suck. Filled with glitches, (glitches and frame rate were fixed in patch) bad shading and the story/cutscenes suck. As for actual gameplay, I like what they were trying to do with it. And that part alone is fun. However, the rest gets rid of all fun unless you can move past it.

So not too bad then if they fixed glitches and framerate just bad graphics. 

Poor 490k

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
Paatar said:

So not too bad then if they fixed glitches and framerate just bad graphics. 

Exactly. If the game was finished completely and the graphics/textures were improved ON RELEASE DAY, it wouldn't have been considered as bad as it is now. Sonic is always cheesy, Sonic Boom just adds that extra. Haha. But if you can stomach yourself to get past the graphics/textures/bad dialogue and stuff, it can be pretty fun.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I only played the demo, but the gameplay was not fun. The combat is repetitive and shallow and in the running section you're not doing anything, the game plays itself. I can't believe some people here actually defend the gameplay. Smh...

this just shows that Sonic is still popular. If Sega didnt half ass it, they could get better sales

Samus Aran said:
I only played the demo, but the gameplay was not fun. The combat is repetitive and shallow and in the running section you're not doing anything, the game plays itself. I can't believe some people here actually defend the gameplay. Smh...

i dont get it either man. Its not a good Sonic game but even not comparing it to other games in the series. Its not a good platformer, there are MUCH better games in the genre