By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Boom ( WiiU & 3DS) shifted 490k copies

Tagged games:

Those poor suckers.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Don't worry, it's still a commercial flop.

Barozi said:

How much money did they spend if after half million sales between two versions is still a flop?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

When I get a Wii U I'll probably get both Sonic games assuming they are fairly cheap. Blame me as well.

Nogamez said:
490K not as bad as i first thought but was the ratio to wii u vs 3ds. Also is sonic boom as bad as people make out cos s seems ok from gameplay vids

It's an average game. Most of the people making fun of it and talking about how bad it is have never played it and are just joining the group. It got mauled by critics because it wasnt a good game and most importantly it wasn't what they believe a sonic game should be. Combine those together and apparently it's worse than sonic 06 (It isnt)

As someone who's actually played it, it's not that bad. Some moments where the game can get quite enjoyable in fact. If I was a younger player I could see myself finding it very enjoyable.

Around the Network

I bought Sonic Boom, and whilst its not the best it sure aint as bad as its made out to be, still streets ahead of Sonic 06.

This means we will have a sequel?

Darwinianevolution said:
Barozi said:

How much money did they spend if after half million sales between two versions is still a flop?

3DS version probably $3-5m
WiiU version $10m+ (probably closer to $15m which is still rather cheap for an HD game).

also no marketing included (though that could be easily split with the TV series).

Considering both games are $30 each already (and have been for a few weeks), they (whoever paid for it, probably both SEGA and Nintendo) didn't come close to profitablity.

EDIT:
just found this:
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/02/21/sonic-boom-game-near-a-20-million-budget/
wouldn't surprise me.

Blob said:
Nogamez said:
490K not as bad as i first thought but was the ratio to wii u vs 3ds. Also is sonic boom as bad as people make out cos s seems ok from gameplay vids

It's an average game. Most of the people making fun of it and talking about how bad it is have never played it and are just joining the group.

True that. I'm tired of this hate already. Oh well this is vg chatz not suprise

Well, if Sonic dies, less people will waste so much time playing it. I got pretty bad with Sonic Colors.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!