By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDIT: The position has been filled (I bet the next Ninty console will be close to or less than PS4 in power)

Tagged games:

Soundwave said:

Bet what exactly? I doubt if I win you'll be around in 2 years anyway. Your idea is the same thing as the Wii U, why would Nintendo do that again? 

That the Wii U's successor will be close to or less than the PS4 in hardware power. As in, it won't be a leap ahead of current gen systems.

Wii U wasn't a good idea either, but they did that.

And why wouldn't I be here in two years? Reckon I'll be perma-banned by then? :p You may be right...

Around the Network

I find that to be *extremely* unlikely. Even the Wii, the epitome of the "light on power, high on unique traits" was 100% more powerful than the Gamecube, making it noticeably more powerful than the Xbox. Just not nearly as noticeably more powerful as the Xbox 360. Plus, making a console that is a good bit more powerful than the PS4 by 2017 or 2018 wouldn't even be expensive. So no, highly unlikely.

Nuvendil said:
I find that to be *extremely* unlikely. Even the Wii, the epitome of the "light on power, high on unique traits" was 100% more powerful than the Gamecube, making it noticeably more powerful than the Xbox. Just not nearly as noticeably more powerful as the Xbox 360. Plus, making a console that is a good bit more powerful than the PS4 by 2017 or 2018 wouldn't even be expensive. So no, highly unlikely.

So you'll bet me? 

where were these spec lovers when nintendo put out back-to-back consoles that were more powerful than sony's?

Nuvendil said:

It wasn't actually. The Wii was a 50% overclock of the GameCube (CPU and GPU) with triple the RAM. 

Nintendo basically charged 2.5x the price of the GameCube for a system that was moderately overclocked and had a different controller in the box. lol. 

Consumers sometimes ... dress something up in a shiny new package and sometimes they fall for it. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Kami said:

Edit: When you say close or less do you mean that the next console will be comparable to the PS4 or just weaker?

Comparable, like Wii vs Xbox or Wii U  vs PS360.

I'll bet you that Nintendos next console will still be weaker than the PS4. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

So you'll bet me? 

I prefer not to deal in predictions, rather potentialities. 

Also, I like my avatar :P

Soundwave said:

Consumers sometimes ... dress something up in a shiny new package and sometimes they fall for it. 

Like the PS4. :p

Kami said:
curl-6 said:

Comparable, like Wii vs Xbox or Wii U  vs PS360.

I'll bet you that Nintendos next console will still be weaker than the PS4. 

I ain't taking that bet, there's a fair chance it will be...

I can definitely see it. They need to start from a very low price again so it might just be under PS4 or even lower. I don't really think they need more power unless they they start pretending to care about 3rd party.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.