By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Three Muslim students killed at North Carolina campus

horrible news poor students and families!

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
The shooter turned out to be a lib (and an atheist to boot.)

Can I get a source on this?

Was CNN maybe not reporting on this because they still just cover that missing plane?

SkyHold said:
the US only cares about dogs,white people and Christians (white).

That's an awfully sweeping generalization of 300 million+ people.

BTW, wouldn't white christians fall under the 'white people' category? Just a thought.

KLAMarine said:

His Facebook page seems to have been taken down, but here:

A review of his social media shows him as a supporter of "Atheists for Equality". The consistent theme that figures on his Facebook account is that of anti-religious and progressive causes.

His Facebook 'likes' included the Huffington Post, Rachel Maddow, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Bill Nye "The Science Guy," Neil deGrasse Tyson, Gay Marriage groups and similar progressive pages.

Interestingly, Hicks is also part of a "Religious Tolerance" group on Facebook.

generic-user-1 said:
Was CNN maybe not reporting on this because they still just cover that missing plane?

LMAO.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
KLAMarine said:

His Facebook page seems to have been taken down, but here:

A review of his social media shows him as a supporter of "Atheists for Equality". The consistent theme that figures on his Facebook account is that of anti-religious and progressive causes.

His Facebook 'likes' included the Huffington Post, Rachel Maddow, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Bill Nye "The Science Guy," Neil deGrasse Tyson, Gay Marriage groups and similar progressive pages.

Interestingly, Hicks is also part of a "Religious Tolerance" group on Facebook.

I see. Sucks I can't see it for myself though.

I also wonder if there was anything on his page regarding whether he was a "conservative" or a "liberal" or a mix of the two.

KLAMarine said:

I also wonder if there was anything on his page regarding whether he was a "conservative" or a "liberal" or a mix of the two.

I read a fair bit of it yesterday, and he seemed like any other obnoxious Atheist+ type to me. Maybe with a slightly more libertarian bent. He was apparently fond of his guns, but I didn't see anything about that on Facebook.

There's nothing liberal about that guy. He's an old fashion American gun nut.
Simply put!

badgenome said:
KLAMarine said:

I read a fair bit of it yesterday, and he seemed like any other obnoxious Atheist+ type to me. Maybe with a slightly more libertarian bent. He was apparently fond of his guns, but I didn't see anything about that on Facebook.

Would Libertarians lean more towards "conservative" or more towards "liberal"?

KLAMarine said:

Would Libertarians lean more towards "conservative" or more towards "liberal"?

Depends on who the president is.