By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Very, very soon Sony will target PS2 users to upgrade to a PS3

how about thet just discontinue the ps2 and not let games be released on the ps2 so people can buy the ps3 and games, and the wii can finaly have some games with good graphics and not just ps2 ports

Around the Network
disolitude said:
I used t have a PS2. And I don't have a PS3 yet... I will let you know how their plan works first hand.

1 in 41M... very relevant :)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Leni said:
well, after buying Wii, i'm totally bored of Ps2, so i think people will simply buy wii after ps2 is over (very soon)

Have you considered that some people might actually like to use regular controls? Or that they want HD graphics/upscaled DVD and Blu-ray on their HDTVs? Or simply that they want something significant better (performance wise) that the Ps2?

There are only 2 consoles significant better than the PS2, they are 360 and PS3. Nuf said ;)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:
Leni said:
well, after buying Wii, i'm totally bored of Ps2, so i think people will simply buy wii after ps2 is over (very soon)

Have you considered that some people might actually like to use regular controls? Or that they want HD graphics/upscaled DVD and Blu-ray on their HDTVs? Or simply that they want something significant better (performance wise) that the Ps2?

There are only 2 consoles significant better than the PS2, they are 360 and PS3. Nuf said ;)

Define significantly better and I almost guarantee you that the Wii will fit that description. It is probably in the neighborhood of 4-5X as strong as the PS2. That is absolutely a significant increase. If you are talking about just general value then you are just resorting to fanboyism and that is just sad.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Hmmm. Well, if Sony makes a good trade your PS2 in deal, I just may go for it. Then my current gen console collection will be complete!!! Muwahahahaha

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
krik said:

Really?!  Wow, I certainly disagree with you whole heartedly.  Your opinion is not shared by all.  Nuf said  ;)

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Ohh god iam not even gonna read this thread, theres no need to target them.

They will upgrade when their games come.

GT fans will upgrade when Gt hits, FF when FF and so on.

krik said:
Leni said:

I definitely agree with that statement.

Wow, people are really negative about this. 

I like the trade-in idea but I think it would only work if Sony came out with a PS3 SKU with full/near-full backwards compatibility to exchange.  Give it the Emotion chip, a bigger hard drive, make it white, and... I'd probably be looking to trade up too! 

Hint hint Sony! 

It is the LAIR firmware update that makes the game playable;.

Now everyone will buy a PS3 for LAIR..

And now serous;..I don't know how they will do that..or what they will do to get a lot of PS2 users to the store for a PS3...

The only thing that could do it is giving all those PS2 owners a free PS3..