By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games do you think will likely bomb this year

OfficerRaichu15 said:
updated the op title for better understanding
sorry for changing it late I went to bed after I made the title

...I still don't get it

Likeliness? So, it is what we "hope" bombs, not what we think might bomb?

Around the Network

I think Halo  makes a lot of Halo fans worried because of 343i (MCC caused serious trust problems, halo 4 left a bad taste in many fans mouth) mind you, I have not played a Halo game since Halo 2 on PC (yes 60fps already)... not a big fan of the series.

I also heard rumors that Thomb Raider 2015 (whatever they call it) is in serious development hell and it would be surprising if it got anything above a 7... but that may change (or the rumors are unfounded... but the source seemed reliable)... maybe it will be as good as the 2013 edition, poor story but fun to play anyway, they should not have bothered with so much scenario, sometimes it's better if you let people guess what's going on. as opposed to try to explain every little thing, especially if your writers aren't very good at their job.

Obviously Evolve should bomb (if only for the lack of content... 3 monsters, 4 hunters... how many maps? and tons od expensive DLC day 1!!... however, if the game was f2p there would probably be no complaint as the core mechanics seem pretty solid and it's different!

There is bound to be problems with 1 of the Sony excluaives too, but I can't foretell from that far...

Roronaa_chan said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
updated the op title for better understanding
sorry for changing it late I went to bed after I made the title

...I still don't get it

what games are more likely to bomb

Ill change it again :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Don't understand that people think the order will bomb.

Will finish with 250k pre-orders in the US and incuding digital sales we can expect around 350k in US FW and probably 350K again in Europe and Asia. 700k FW and 1 million within a month. Those are good sales. If it has 80 metacritic it will probably do just like infamous second son making it succesful

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Mario Party 10, Kirby Canvas, Star Fox

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Roronaa_chan said:

...I still don't get it

what games are more likely to bomb

Ill change it again :P

Ok thanks for clearing it up

But now I don't know what to answer cause i'm the confines of what a bomb is can vary with each person...

Still, safest bet seems to be Evolve. Already bombing.

Mystro-Sama said:
Remind me why everyone hates Evolve again.

I haven't had the opportunity to play it, but based on what I've seen and what people have told me, it looks like an indie game. In my opinion, it doens't look worth $60, and their DLC is laughably overpriced. You're getting microstransaction content but at the price of full DLC. What's worth more? A three hour campaign in the last of us? Or an extra monster. 

OfficerRaichu15 said:

I say Mario party 10 and Evolve,

what are yours?

I agree with u on those also i would say crackdown, qauntum break and forza 6 just too many forzas