By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Hyrule Warriors Thread - Extensive FAQ Inside, Rupee Glitch Explained

Einsam_Delphin said:
I can't imagine myself ever 100%'ing this game even without the DLC! Good luck to those attempting it!

I'd say doing 100% on a no-DLC version of the game is more demanding than with DLC. No access to the best grinding map for EXP, no access to the best maps for grinding materials, plus the limited amount of play options would make everything much more tiresome to max out.

But actually, since there have been several free updates, 100% isn't possible without DLC anyway. Whether you've bought DLC or not, DLC-specific achievements will be in your list.

Although I suppose you only meant the completion of legend and adventure mode when you said 100%.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
I can't imagine myself ever 100%'ing this game even without the DLC! Good luck to those attempting it!

I'd say doing 100% on a no-DLC version of the game is more demanding than with DLC. No access to the best grinding map for EXP, no access to the best maps for grinding materials, plus the limited amount of play options would make everything much more tiresome to max out.

But actually, since there have been several free updates, 100% isn't possible without DLC anyway. Whether you've bought DLC or not, DLC-specific achievements will be in your list.

Although I suppose you only meant the completion of legend and adventure mode when you said 100%.

I like the game, but the DLC still doesn't really interest me. If I were to try and 100% it I'd just disregard anything only doable with DLC and still consider the game fully completed as long as I did everything else.

Updated the FAQ with more info. This thing is complete as far as I am concerned, even though there would be more stuff to write about.

As for my personal progress, I am on day 63 now. I'll adjust the expected playtime for completion up to 350 hours from the initially estimated 300. List of achievements I got:

26. Made all kinds of badges. (Doesn't need to be all on the same character.)
27. Reached level 255. (Finally!)
28. All A-ranks in boss challenge mode. (Did this one with Link.)
29. Twilight map completed. (Not too shabby.)
30. All A-ranks on the Twilight map. (Wasn't easy.)
31. Earned all rewards on the Twilight map. (Worst map of the big four.)
32. Helped 10 Online-Links. (That took some time until I got around to do that.)
33. Completed 5 skulltulla pictures. (Only triggers if you completed the five pictures from the base game.)
34. Unlocked all 8-bit weapons. (They are rewards on the Master Quest, Twilight and Termina maps.)
35. Termina map completed. (Joy!)
36. All A-ranks on the Termina map. (Not as hard as the Twilight map.)
37. Earned all rewards on the Termina map. (That was the last one!)

While it's not tied to any achievements, I completed the Extra map in adventure mode as well; this means I am done with adventure mode. What's left to do is wrap up legends mode on hero difficulty, complete challenge mode with all characters with an A-rank, get all characters to level 255, forge an "ultimate" weapon for all 30 kinds in the game, and earn the remaining seven achievements. Not sure if I'll get all of that done in the next 37 days because in May and June there will be retail releases I am actually interested in.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Im grinding through the original adventure mode map (not got any DLC as of yet), but im getting to some seriously tough challenges now ive opened nearly all of the map. A lot of my characters are in need of some serious levelling up, can you tell me the best way of gaining tons of rupees to achieve this. I know there is the rupee glitch ( unless it has been patched out), but im trying to do it without exploitation. Thank you in advance Rol.

zippy said:
Im grinding through the original adventure mode map (not got any DLC as of yet), but im getting to some seriously tough challenges now ive opened nearly all of the map. A lot of my characters are in need of some serious levelling up, can you tell me the best way of gaining tons of rupees to achieve this. I know there is the rupee glitch ( unless it has been patched out), but im trying to do it without exploitation. Thank you in advance Rol.

The rupee glitch still works and I don't think they'll ever patch it out. Conventional methods to gain rupees aren't particularly great. You could help online-Links with doable levels (so below or at your own level), because there is a high completion bonus (up to 50,000) as opposed to normal missions which only net a few thousand rupees. Having a Rupee+ skill on your weapons helps a bit too.

But grinding EXP instead of rupees is probably faster. I've mentioned the best methods without DLC in the grinding section of the FAQ.

Honestly though, most characters are ready to earn all of their rewards and A-ranks with a level in the range of 40-50. The money you earn by completing legends mode on the lower three difficulty settings and by playing the adventure map is in the millions, so you should actually be able to spend a million here or there on characters that need a boost of 15-20 levels. Get a troublesome character up to around level 40 by playing the final level of legends mode on easy, then buy another 20 levels. There are very few missions where a level above 60 feels necessary, and all of those are of the "Kill X00 enemies" type.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
zippy said:

The rupee glitch still works and I don't think they'll ever patch it out. Conventional methods to gain rupees aren't particularly great. You could help online-Links with doable levels (so below or at your own level), because there is a high completion bonus (up to 50,000) as opposed to normal missions which only net a few thousand rupees. Having a Rupee+ skill on your weapons helps a bit too.

But grinding EXP instead of rupees is probably faster. I've mentioned the best methods without DLC in the grinding section of the FAQ.

Honestly though, most characters are ready to earn all of their rewards and A-ranks with a level in the range of 40-50. The money you earn by completing legends mode on the lower three difficulty settings and by playing the adventure map is in the millions, so you should actually be able to spend a million here or there on characters that need a boost of 15-20 levels. Get a troublesome character up to around level 40 by playing the final level of legends mode on easy, then buy another 20 levels. There are very few missions where a level above 60 feels necessary, and all of those are of the "Kill X00 enemies" type.

Great stuff, thank you for your reply.

So who's the best character in the game? The worst? (probably bug girl)

Einsam_Delphin said:

True Midna is pretty good. Not only does she have a wide area attack, but it's also strong. It's quite easy to play all-out devastating while still being in full control of your surroundings. Cia is also a beast with great attacks, it's no problem at all to deplete the weak spot gauge of all kinds of enemies; she's probably the best character in the game.

Tingle is hands down the worst character. A strange arsenal of attacks that are slow and weak at the same time, and make you vulnerable.

But girl a.k.a. Agitha is a powerhouse that most people loathe because she isn't easy to play as.

RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

True Midna is pretty good. Not only does she have a wide area attack, but it's also strong. It's quite easy to play all-out devastating while still being in full control of your surroundings. Cia is also a beast with great attacks, it's no problem at all to deplete the weak spot gauge of all kinds of enemies; she's probably the best character in the game.

Tingle is hands down the worst character. A strange arsenal of attacks that are slow and weak at the same time, and make you vulnerable.

But girl a.k.a. Agitha is a powerhouse that most people loathe because she isn't easy to play as.

Huh, just realized I haven't used Cia at all, should probably change that next time I play!

Your Tingle description is how I would describe Agitha, namely the slowness, and I never liked the slow characters in Warriors games. That's why Lana w/ magic book is my fav with her dash cancel'ing allowing her to act again almost immediately after, makes for some good juggling and fast weak point gauge depletion with her third combo.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Huh, just realized I haven't used Cia at all, should probably change that next time I play!

Your Tingle description is how I would describe Agitha, namely the slowness, and I never liked the slow characters in Warriors games. That's why Lana w/ magic book is my fav with her dash cancel'ing allowing her to act again almost immediately after, makes for some good juggling and fast weak point gauge depletion with her third combo.

Agitha can juggle most sorts of enemies effortlessly with her YYX combo. There are only a few types that run unfairly through the beetle, but you can get around that by adjusting your own movement during the constant beetle spawning. Her YYYYX combo is a strong area attack and her weak point smash is probably the best in the game because it covers a big area and hits hard.