By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which writers and cast should Nintendo hire for the Live Action Zelda Show?

So we've all heard about the Zelda live action show being planned by Nintendo and Netflix. Hell, its trending on Twitter right now (although Xenoblade was at one momement too but I digress)! However, Wall street journal, the source that reported this, says a writer hasnt even been hired yet. So who should Nintendo and Netflix get to write this potentially legendary show?

If this was going to be animated, I would have definitely say Hayao Miyazaki. He could write the film to be as light hearted as Spirited Away but as intense as Princess Mononoke. But alas, it's live action. Damn it.

I don't know any good live action movie/show writers so what do you guys think? Which writers and cast do you want to see in this live action Zelda show?

Also, which game would you like the show to be about?

Fingers crossed for Zelda Williams being in this show!

Around the Network

Joss Whedon

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Imagine the outrage if they got a black guy to play the part of Link...
Is it bad that that's the first thing I thought when I first heard this news???

Have a nice day...

Writers. Television shows are very rarely written by one person. There's almost always an entire team at the helm.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Uwe Boll.

Around the Network

Joss Whedon or the guy who made There will be Brawl (can't remember his name)

Lauren Faust if it would be animated.

Oh my god I'm so dumb. Nintendo and Netflix needs to get Guillermo del Toro to direct this show. I absolutely love his blend of live action and CGI in Pan's Labyrinth and I think it will work well for Zelda as well. I can't believe I forgot about this movie.

leedlelee said:
Imagine the outrage if they got a black guy to play the part of Link...
Is it bad that that's the first thing I thought when I first heard this news???

Its probably is a sign that you are giving in to the media and potical attempts to segregate people. Might be time to shut yourself off from the world for a few weeks with nothing but civilization 3, crusader kings 2, crash bandicoot warped, Abe's odysee and an endless supply of lucosade? 

badgenome said:
Uwe Boll.

Quite possibly the greatest.

t3mporary_126 said:

Oh my god I'm so dumb. Nintendo and Netflix needs to get Guillermo del Toro to direct this show. I absolutely love his blend of live action and CGI in Pan's Labyrinth and I think it will work well for Zelda as well. I can't believe I forgot about this movie.

He's a very good director, however I don't know if he would make series. Generally, he's more the guy for epic movies.