By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will never beat PS Vita! (real sales)

This was 6 years ago, man. Fucking ancient.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Careful guys... Pretty sure you say his name three times he arises from the void.

Finding a brand new Vita and Wii U in a store is probably easier than finding a PS5.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

One is a dedicated home console and one is a dedicated portable so, seems odd to be comparing these two, no? I know I personally don't think of those two markets as competitors. Never have, really.

For example. Wii U vs. Xbox One and PS4. Vita vs. 3DS. 

That makes a ton more sense to me.

JackHandy said:

One is a dedicated home console and one is a dedicated portable so, seems odd to be comparing these two, no? I know I personally don't think of those two markets as competitors. Never have, really.

I agree, but he likely wanted to compare the failures because they're closer to each other. Or more accurately he wanted to see the Wii U be the bigger failure.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 29 October 2021

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
JackHandy said:

I agree, but he likely wanted to compare the failures because they're closer to each other. Or more accurately he wanted to see the Wii U be the biggee failure.

and he got what he wanted

Did Sony ever disclose the "real sales" of the Vita? Or are VGC's 16-ishM sales the most reliable number (which I believe just fine) we know?

This thread reminds me of the snail racing from Undertale.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

We should start tracking the underground sale of used Wii U and vitas. Just for our amusement. Who wins that battle?! Lol

The_Liquid_Laser said:

This thread reminds of how the vgc blue was but more animated.