By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best alternative to cable tv?

Google has been my best friend for years now, I never really saw the point in Cable/Sky tv since it was so very limiting and time restraining.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I use Netflix and all illegal streaming website. Just can't bother to watch TV with ads anymore.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

sc94597 said:
RenCutypoison said:

I could write a novel on how piracy is wrong and everything, but the bolded part is actually the most vile thing one can do.

I can write a book on how force-induced monopolies are wrong as well...

If the original party doesn't want to play fairly, I'm not going to play fairly. 

I'm not going to pay for an HBO subscription just to watch Game of Thrones, but I'll buy the DVD/Blu-ray boxsets when they are released because I like the books and I think the show is a good adaptation. Plus, on the low-quality streaming site it was low-quality and I'd prefer to watch the show in HD with good sound. 

I don't care about big companies not getting their monies.

I just feel bad for the director whose work is unappreciated on 480 reencodes with crap subs and more often than not disgusting watermarking.

RenCutypoison said:
sc94597 said:

I can write a book on how force-induced monopolies are wrong as well...

If the original party doesn't want to play fairly, I'm not going to play fairly. 

I'm not going to pay for an HBO subscription just to watch Game of Thrones, but I'll buy the DVD/Blu-ray boxsets when they are released because I like the books and I think the show is a good adaptation. Plus, on the low-quality streaming site it was low-quality and I'd prefer to watch the show in HD with good sound. 

I don't care about big companies not getting their monies.

I just feel bad for the director whose work is unappreciated on 480 reencodes with crap subs and more often than not disgusting watermarking.

It certainly is appreciated, otherwise I won't watch it (and wouldn't buy a boxset to enjoy HD.) Also I don't know what you mean about subs and watermarking. I don't watch too many foreign television shows (in other languages) nor do I ever really see watermarks when I do this. I guess you're talking about anime? (which I watch rarely these days) In that case there are plenty of 720p anime streams one can find with decent subs. You just have to look for them. As for resolution, 480p isn't bad on a 22 inch monitor (on the 55 inch TV it is ugly), but I shouldn't be complaining if I get to watch it without paying a subscription. What is bad are the sub 480p resolutions some of them have. I don't really watch those. 

I never had cable so I bought an HDTV antenna (paid $10) to pick up free local channel that airs local news and sports when your home team is playing.

I also use Netflix and Crackle (surprise what Crackle offers since its free. They're also making Capcom's Dead Rising movie lol) Crackle does have commercials every 15min or so and repetitively the same ones but can't complain since its free.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Get a cheap android TV box from EBay and install an app called Show box. You can now watch any movie or TV show your heart desires. You can also try this out if you have an android phone.

Here is a cheap android TV box: m.ebay.com/itm/351255119986?nav=SEARCH

Here is a link to the app: apkapps.com/apps/download/MzI2

I've heard of this, I'll be looking into it.

Netflix is $7.99 a month, and if you google "free tv video online" and click on project free tv their is literally every show or movie you can think of to watch for free!

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile