By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW UP, week ending Jan 24

oniyide said:
has anyone thought that maybe the PS3 is that damn good?

They're basically at price parity too.  I mean I got my WiiU refurb for $200 and it looked brand new.  Hard to get a PS3 for that cheap unless you want the 12gb model which I guess WiiU is only 32gb but still it came out in 2012 lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Xone numbers all month look off...def over tracked in europe, or ps4 is undertracked, and too close in the US.

So X1 basically matches 360 sales in Europe compared to the end of January 2007. Congrats :).

SlayerRondo said:
kitler53 said:
SlayerRondo said:
I think this pretty much shows that the Xbox One price increase for two weeks had no effect given that the sales difference is pretty much the same with no major exclusives to have any effect.

Excess discount stock from the initial price decrease allowed for the Xbox One to remain largely at $350 throughout the two weeks the price increased officially.

which is the primary reason i don't buy the xbox numbers.   ms isn't into losing money for no good reason.  if the price increase had no effect on sales then the price wouldn't have been re-reduced less than 2 weeks later.

The Price never really went up for the Xbox One. At no time could you not get an Xbox One for $350. They freaked out about the Xbox One sales dropping again and dropped the price.

Also, holiday sales are more likely to be affected by price cuts as people buying gifts are less likely to spend big on a gaming console as gamers are.

Exactly right: gamers buy what they are interested in and look for discounts on what they are interested in; holiday shoppers buy what is discounted.

TheRealMessiah said:
Xone numbers all month look off...def over tracked in europe, or ps4 is undertracked, and too close in the US.

You are quite daring to enter a thread Cone "the sniffer" is leading.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
TheRealMessiah said:

Well, He is the Real Messiah: if He doesn't know what's coming, who does lol?

Edit: you called it; just saw the banhammer dropped...are you the real messiah!?

Insidb said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, He is the Real Messiah: if He doesn't know what's coming, who does lol?

Edit: you called it; just saw the banhammer dropped...are you the real messiah!?

Nope. That would be Turkish. He profetized the return of the king.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wii is dead. 360 is dead. Vita is on life support. Wii U is conscious but sick. PS3 is conscious but sick. Xbox One is healthy. 3DS is healthy. PS4 is healthy.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

I'm amazed that 360 and PS3 are both over 2K in the UK.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

tag