By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bully: Scholarship Edition Review Discrepancies at IGN

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:

It is sloppy editing. What can you do though. Judges have different standards.

After all the PS2 version got an 89.

How do you have a port of a game with stuff added that all works and it ends up with a lower score?

When it originally came out over a year ago?

See I don't agree with that. After all many people still consider the Ocarina of Time the best game ever.

If a game really has such shallow apeal that it's rating would drop so low do to nothing but graphical enhancements then you've got to question the original review score in the first place. 

Standards change, the bar gets raised. Alot happens in a year.

Ocarina is far from a 10/10 by todays standards.

Quoted for mother-flippin truth.

You can't give a game a 10/10, then ten years later, it still deserves a ten out of ten.  That means we as a group haven't moved forward.  That is why I love IGN.  They never give 10/10.  They may give 9.7, but not tens.  Because once you give a ten, that means that gaming has reached it's pinnacle.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:

How do you have a port of a game with stuff added that all works and it ends up with a lower score?

See I don't agree with that. After all many people still consider the Ocarina of Time the best game ever.

If a game really has such shallow apeal that it's rating would drop so low do to nothing but graphical enhancements then you've got to question the original review score in the first place.

You can't give a game a 10/10, then ten years later, it still deserves a ten out of ten. That means we as a group haven't moved forward. That is why I love IGN. They never give 10/10. They may give 9.7, but not tens. Because once you give a ten, that means that gaming has reached it's pinnacle.

Ocarina got a 10/10 from IGN (among a few others i believe, but you were referring to Ocarina in part of the post), what on earth are you talking about

Faxanadu said:
wasnt the 360 version full of bugs? i recall something there...

Rockstar has come out and said that it appears to be an issue with older 360's.  More than likely IGN is playing on newer hardware.

tabsina said:
DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:

You can't give a game a 10/10, then ten years later, it still deserves a ten out of ten. That means we as a group haven't moved forward. That is why I love IGN. They never give 10/10. They may give 9.7, but not tens. Because once you give a ten, that means that gaming has reached it's pinnacle.

Ocarina got a 10/10 from IGN (among a few others i believe, but you were referring to Ocarina in part of the post), what on earth are you talking about

The game review is ~10 years old.  IGN has changed since then.  That wasn't ign, that was when IGN was a lot different.  That review was from N64world.com or something like that.  IGN wasn't formed for a few years after that.

IGN, hasn't given out 10/10s

At least not in the past couple of year.  Some have came close.

Edit:  The last ten out of ten they gave was in 2001.  [They gave a cell phone game that in 06, but that doesn't count]

Linky

Its no big secret that most of the game outlets generally don't favour the Wii. I can't say for sure if it deserved a worse score, but it seems like there was more effort in the Wii version this time around.
Anyways, I thought the game was a drag on PS2 so I really don't care unless it has become tons of fun all of the sudden...

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kasz216 said:

Well the virtual console proved to me that 10 year old games which were perfect 10s back then are still perfect 10s today. Sure Mario's hands in Mario 64 look more like huge cubes than hands but the game is still incredibly fun the same way it was when I first got it.

Signature goes here!

I might buy this game.

>How do you have a port of a game with stuff added that all works and it ends up with a lower score?

Oblivion on PS3 says hi!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>How do you have a port of a game with stuff added that all works and it ends up with a lower score?

Oblivion on PS3 says hi!

PC has more content then PS3.... waaay more content.

If you mean compared to the 360 version... yeah that's BS.  Though i'd say both it and the 360 version were overrated in comparison with it's PC counterart.

Also, i still disagree about rankings. There are plenty of games that were made generations ago that are just as good as any game on PS2 or any console this generation.

The real classics that deserve an 85+ stay classic and don't lose a step.

kingofwale said:

Oblivion on PS3 says hi!

Thanks for an excellent example. It getting very silly to read how many wii fans believes that everyone especially reviewers is so bias against the Wii. Wii fans needs to stop being so defensive.

One of the reason I  used to buy  EGM magazine was they normally had more than one person to review each game.