By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 Is 10 Hours Long On Average/Shorter If You Miss A Lot Of Stuff..

No more than it exists for any other bad looking exclusive.

There is no negativity for Bloodborne. Could it be because it's a game that looks good, while also being a Sony exclusive?

What other games fell under this supposed "phenomena", Knack and Killzone 6? Driveclub? Gee I wonder why.

Around the Network

The Order: 1886 Early Player Comments Very Positively: “Really Convincing;” Praises Graphics and Music

Looks like copies of The Order: 1886 are starting to be available to some gamers, and YouTube user Lorenzo Tomei leaked a video on his channel.
During the video he praises (in Italian) the game without reserve. Of course keep in mind that this is Tomei’s personal opinion, and you’ll ultimately have to make your own decision on whether he’s right or not.

''If I had to give this game a score, I’d give it a full 9. It’s really very convincing, Graphics are spectacular, and the music tracks really immerse you in the story of the game.''
Tomei also goes on to say that “Graphics are exceptional. It’s the game with the best graphics I ever played,” explaining that “characters are very well crafted in the smallest detail, from hair to clothes.”

Incidentally, he also mentions that the story mode takes about thirteen hours to complete, but this could very well be hearsay and not the fruit of direct experience, since a quick verification check on his trophies yields the fact that he did not complete the game yet.

Most interestingly, the video also gives us information on Tesla’s arsenal within the game:

The TS-27 Inverter/rectifier works by converting Edison’s Direct Current in Tesla’s “more sophisticated” Alternating Current.
The Essex M84 sniper rifle is “very balanced,” but has a strong recoil. Galahad mentions that a silencer would be useful, and Tesla promises to take care of it immediately.

You can watch the video below, at least until Sony finds it and eradicates it. Of course you should be aware of mild spoilers, even if the video is in Italian.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/...ics-and-music/

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

cutzman25 said:
This is good to know. I am happy if it falls in the 10-15 hr timeline. Most games of this type don't seem to be very long so I am not surprised.

Read above :)

''Incidentally, he also mentions that the story mode takes about thirteen hours to complete, but this could very well be hearsay and not the fruit of direct experience, since a quick verification check on his trophies yields the fact that he did not complete the game yet.''

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:

Read above :)

''Incidentally, he also mentions that the story mode takes about thirteen hours to complete, but this could very well be hearsay and not the fruit of direct experience, since a quick verification check on his trophies yields the fact that he did not complete the game yet.''

Yeah, I read that too. Good news!

The PS5 Exists. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
No more than it exists for any other bad looking exclusive.

There is no negativity for Bloodborne. Could it be because it's a game that looks good, while also being a Sony exclusive?

What other games fell under this supposed "phenomena", Knack and Killzone 6? Driveclub? Gee I wonder why.

Did you actually play drive club or are you just letting others think for you? Drive club proves your entire point wrong, fantastic game, reviews got totally wrong, god forbid a racing game be a track racer..............

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

"Over ten hours" is hardly positive for a title with gameplay that is generic, dull and boring. Should be six hours or less.

you played it?

The blind hate this game is getting is pathetic. The AAA space is already struggling with devs struggling and closing, anyone who enjoys games should want new devs and games to thrive. Just because a game is not your type of game does not mean they should not happen, that is narrow minded and childish. There is a place for rich, linear story driven games. A sequel would most likely get MP as well. The narrow minded nature of gamers makes me sad.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Someone make a the order hype thread and maibe this way the haters dont go there cause its getting kinda sad to see the same people coming to say the same trash talk in every thread.

I am new here, why do mods allow it??? It is obvious most are trolling, heck I bet most of them don't own a PS4.....It is down right obvious what they are doing.

This poor game has been getting so much criticism before it has released. Feel sorry for the devs and I hope it doesn't hurt sales too much.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

GribbleGrunger said:

Today a case surfaced due to the PSNProfiles listing of a PSN user named wMikkel (don’t click on the link if you don’t want spoilers on the game), who already played through The Order: 1886 and unlocked the trophy for the completion of the game.

The trophy is marked as having been acquired in 4 hours and 52 minutes, and some (including news websites) took it as meaning that the game can be completed in five hours.

That proved to be inaccurate, as the timestamp is not from the beginning of the game, but from the first trophy earned.  wMikkel himself stepped up to clarify things on the PSNProfiles forums, first of all explaining how he got the game:

Usually at the PlayStation office, we get promotional copies prior to release. Theese are also the ones that are sent out to the media.

While he declined to comment on what he thinks about the game, or on its exact duration, he explained that completing it did not require just five hours:

I didn’t get my first trophy at the start of the game, but I can’t say yet how long it took me. But not 5 hours!

Finally, he clarified further, mentioning that he played the game “a lot” before earning that first trophy that kickstarted the timestamp.

To clear things up.
A lot of buzz around my completion of the game.
I played the game a lot before earning my first trophy.

Incidentally, if you’re wondering how long it would take to get the platinum trophy, wMikkel failed to unlock it on his second playthrough.

I tried to get platinum today on my second playtrough. Hopefully I will get it within a few days.

Interestingly, NeoGAF user Verendus, who is well know as a rather knowledgeable industry insider, mentioned that it took him just over ten hours to finish the game:

It took me just over ten hours to finish the game. I’m sure there are some freaks on GAF who’ll manage to do a very quick playthrough, but I imagine most of you normal folks are going to fall along where I did.

Update: Ready at Dawn’s CTO Andrea Pessino also denied the legitimacy of a five hour playthrough on his facebook page (Thanks, Jordi).

Considering that most of the trophies for the game are quite specific, it’s very likely that many players might go on quite a while without unlocking any, in fact user DrUckmann (again, don’t click on the link if you don’t want some serious spoilers… what was Ready at Dawn thinking when they named those trophies?) also finished the game, and didn’t get wMikkel’s first trophy at all.

so the timestamp between the first trophy and the one marking the campaign’s completion definitely isn’t a good indication of The Order: 1886‘s duration.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/04/early-the-order-1886-player-debunks-rumor-on-five-hour-long-playthrough/

Here's what I'm getting out of this...

It will take roughly just over ten hours to get platinum (finish the game) but the actual gameplay in order to finish the story will likely be between 5 and 10 hours, likely 6 or 7 due to having to go through levels again to try to fully finish the game with all trophies. Sounding rather like Bayonetta or the like where you can revisit stages without actually having to play through the full game again due the there being such a variance, but not extreme variance between finish times between both players. Much of this comes down to what people consider "finishing" the game entails. If it's just the story, or if it's unlocking all trophies ect. Seems fairly normal for length though.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.