By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ( Rumor ) A User With an Early Copy of The Order: 1886 Has Seemingly Beaten The Game in under 10 Hours

Intrinsic said:
It took me 19hrs to finish uncharted 1. I just recently saw a speed run of the game and it was completed in under 1hr.

A lot of the games out there can be completed in under 3hrs if that is what you specifically set out to do.

No one speedruns a game before it comes out, dude. Speedrunning required a thurough understanding of a game. You don't just have that knowledge your first run through. And it takes an incredible amount of optimism to believe that the first recorded playthrough of this game comes from someone deliberately trying to beat it as quickly as possible to make it look bad.

But 5 hours? No way, lol. Just... No. Can't be. Must be something we're missing.

Around the Network

Already debunked. 5 hours passed between his first trophy and finishing the game. He did not get the first trophy early in the game. He said it himself. Took longer than that.

Not surprising if accurate. It always looked like a short game (around 8 hours). Not like that's a bad thing ofcourse.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

yeah i figured it was going to be a short game

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Well you figured wrong cause he didn't finish it in 5 hours, how about that huh?

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Well you figured wrong cause he didn't finish it in 5 hours, how about that huh?

Nah I bet it will still be short

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

And in addition, before some people start talking down the game (since that seems to be the order of the day with the order) look at this...

The first trophy he got was at 10ishAM and the trophy he got for finishing the game was at 3ish PM. what's interesting is that the first trophy was a skill based trophies, he was required to kill 5 enemies while in a specific mode. There are no progression trophies in the order, so there is no way no know how long he had been playing the game before he decided to take on the particular first trophy.

spemanig said:
Intrinsic said:
It took me 19hrs to finish uncharted 1. I just recently saw a speed run of the game and it was completed in under 1hr.

A lot of the games out there can be completed in under 3hrs if that is what you specifically set out to do.

No one speedruns a game before it comes out, dude. Speedrunning required a thurough understanding of a game. You don't just have that knowledge your first run through. And it takes an incredible amount of optimism to believe that the first recorded playthrough of this game comes from someone deliberately trying to beat it as quickly as possible to make it look bad.

But 5 hours? No way, lol. Just... No. Can't be. Must be something we're missing.

The article is stupid, there is no way to know how long his play through was, all we know is that it took him 5hrs to get the first trophy he got and the game completed trophy. He was still picking up other skill based trophies till the following day.

And not all speed runs is a record based speed run. Some people can just rush through a game on easy doing no side quests or challenges just to see the end of it then start a second more thorough play through. 

Intrinsic said:
And in addition, before some people start talking down the game (since that seems to be the order of the day with the order) look at this...

The first trophy he got was at 10ishAM and the trophy he got for finishing the game was at 3ish PM. what's interesting is that the first trophy was a skill based trophies, he was required to kill 5 enemies while in a specific mode. There are no progression trophies in the order, so there is no way no know how long he had been playing the game before he decided to take on the particular first trophy.

Not only that but other users who finished didn't even get that "first trophy" in the entire playthrough. For example, Druckmann doesn't have it http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3291-The-Order-1886/DrUckmann . It tells us nothing about progression or length.

Furthermore, the trophy list of yet another user shows that he did not get any trophy during the first 5 chapters of the game, because he got a specific trophy only obtainable after chapter 5 (I know this because of a stream I watched) 1 minute after his first trophy. Which means he completed 5 chapters getting 0 trophies and then got 2 trophies on chapter 6.

Only thing this tells us is the game is longer than 5 hours, nothing else.

Roronaa_chan said:
Already debunked. 5 hours passed between his first trophy and finishing the game. He did not get the first trophy early in the game. He said it himself. Took longer than that.

/end thread