By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Sells SOE (Sony Entertainment Online) to Columbus Nova! Going multiplatform (Xbox)

Well, they needed the money to pay the bils.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
true_fan said:

The irony is that for over a year we constantly heard about MSFT selling xbox, yet sony made the first move selling a segment of their gaming business.

You are embarrassing Xbox fans with that irrational drivel. Selling SOE is like shutting down Xbox Entertainment studios. Both are irrelevant to the console brand.

I'm not embarassing anyone, I only represent me. Also XES made shows, SOE made games one is definitely more relevant.

Edit: Matter of fact XES was closed before they even did anything.

JayWood2010 said:
Nem said:

It really isnt that big. That is PR talk. 

THey are a leader in MMO's though.  EverQuest was one of the most successful MMO's as far as I'm aware

It is odd to see Sony selling them though.  I thought they were doing well with Planetside 2, H1Z1, and the upcoming EverQuest Next which is suppose to be the largest sandbox MMO ever.

Never played the EveQuest myself but ive been patiently waiting for PlanetSide 2 to come to PS4 since i dont like using mouse/kb in multiplayer shooters

I think that was waaaay back when they were on top.

They are not really leaders anymore, I think most people know that now. But with H1Z1 and the new everquest, plus planetside 2 has a decent fanbase....you would think they are making a comeback. Weird time to sell. Sony must really need the cash. It also doesnt fit in with their gaming strategy.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Roronaa_chan said:
true_fan said:

The irony is that for over a year we constantly heard about MSFT selling xbox, yet sony made the first move selling a segment of their gaming business.

You are embarrassing Xbox fans with that irrational drivel. Selling SOE is like shutting down Xbox Entertainment studios. Both are irrelevant to the console brand.

Planetside 2 is the best sony fps- okay, it never made it to consoles and it will stay exclusiv to the ps4 when (or if) it fnaly comes out on consoles, the xbone cant handle the game anyway..

Guys, honestly, cut it out and stay on topic. There's a lot of needless posts along the lines of "Sony DOOM!" and that just derails discussion and leads to a more hostile environment. We've already had moderations for that in this thread; let's not have any more.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Roronaa_chan said:

I'm not embarassing anyone, I only represent me. Also XES made shows, SOE made games one is definitely more relevant.

Edit: Matter of fact XES was closed before they even did anything.

And those games, aside from not being important, will remain available on PS platforms.

If you had made a poll about which studios Sony should sell if they had to sell one, I guarantee SOE would be #2. Sony London would probably be #1 but that is more important to the casual market, so SOE is definitely the best choice.

poklane said:

Absolute horrendous day for PlayStation because of this IMO. That's 4 announced/released console exclusives (Planetside 2, H1Z1, EverQuest Next and DC Universe Online) most likely going to XB1 also, and obviously slowing down Planetside 2, H1Z1 and EverQuest Next development for PS4.

If they are published by SCE.. Those games are PlayStation ip

mM
true_fan said:

Oh please sony never considered SOE "as part of the gaming division".It was not part of sony's internal studios.

I know where this is going,fanboys will start implying that Naughty dog or any other internal studio will be the next or something.

SOE was always an oddball,an outsider studio.They make mmos which is a PC oriented genre.

true_fan said:

That is pretty funny.

Anyway, this could be big if their next games like H1NZ or whatever and the next EQ are any good. And Planetside.

H1Z1 is actually becoming seriously popular...especially with millions of people waiting for a good Dayz game.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|