By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Pionner said:
Intrinsic said:

For the December 2013 NPD I think that was because of how supply constrained the PS4 was. Sony were seemingly prioritizing over the counter stores with supply, since during a scarcity people would tend more towards brick and mortar sale points than online sales. Amazon just reflected what was happening within its store, it was simply selling more XB1 than PS4 cause it had more XB1s in stock. 

Yes they were correct- http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013-12/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

It does pay to check these things, because memory is a cruel mistress some times. It was November that Amazon got quite wrong, it had 360>Vita>Xb one>PS3 with PS4 not even in the top 100 for the month. http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013-11/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

One thing we haven't mentioned is that the PS Camera is has consistently sold well for this month too. It hasn't been near the top but it's been in the top 100 regularly. I haven't seen the Kinect anywhere, so it won't be long before there are more PS Cameras out there than Kinects.

And I find this to be hilariously ironic. It's cool how the less-marketed and non-forced peripheral ends up being the one that sells better.

What will guarantee decent amounts of camera sales? People knowing they can put their faces up on the internets while they stream their games. Of course people who want to stream their games on Xb one will buy the Kinect bundle, so the stand alone Kinect won't sell to those people.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BraLoD said:
PS4 #7
XBO #11
PS3 #45
WiiU #55
PS4 #91 (Destiny)
PS4 #96 (GTA)

TLOU (PS3) #74

Seriously, seems like getting a PS3 at amazon means getting TLOU to play with it, that's great! Bost boosting each other sales and doing great.

Apparently there is a small price cut (~30$) on the newest model of PS3 (the new model 4301C with new WiFi and blutooth antenna). I have seen it at amazon and bestbuy.

Is the new 219$ price there on retail too? 

The Order at #21 and #73

FUD campaign can't stop this train.

Wii U 32GB : $305 with 2 games (ranked 65)
XB1 500GB: $344 with 2 games (ranked 15)

Those Nintendo prices are ridiculous. And the console has only 32GB of storage compared to 500GB.

But eh it has the most important feature as it plays Wii games...Right?

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
Wii U 32GB : $305 with 2 games (ranked 65)
XB1 500GB: $344 with 2 games (ranked 15)

Those Nintendo prices are ridiculous. And the console has only 32GB of storage compared to 500GB.

But eh it has the most important feature as it plays Wii games...Right?

They look ridiculous cause you are comparing a console bundle priced for profit to one priced a good $100 or more bellow profitability when you factor in manufacturing, packaging, and the two games.  When one company is willing to bleed money, they can make any opponent look ridiculous.

binary solo said:
Pionner said:
Intrinsic said:

For the December 2013 NPD I think that was because of how supply constrained the PS4 was. Sony were seemingly prioritizing over the counter stores with supply, since during a scarcity people would tend more towards brick and mortar sale points than online sales. Amazon just reflected what was happening within its store, it was simply selling more XB1 than PS4 cause it had more XB1s in stock. 

Yes they were correct- http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013-12/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

It does pay to check these things, because memory is a cruel mistress some times. It was November that Amazon got quite wrong, it had 360>Vita>Xb one>PS3 with PS4 not even in the top 100 for the month. http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013-11/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

Well it was launch month with only about 2 weeks of sales. The bulk of the purchases probably came from midnight openings and in store over those weeks. As for last generation, i don't know what's different about this gen that makes Amazon more reliable. Maybe it's because online purchases have gotten bigger. Especially Amazon who's basically it's own large retailer.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Evolve up quite a bit. PS4 version at 24, 2 places below The Order (22). XBOne version at 34.

Pionner said:
binary solo said:
Pionner said:

Well it was launch month with only about 2 weeks of sales. The bulk of the purchases probably came from midnight openings and in store over those weeks. As for last generation, i don't know what's different about this gen that makes Amazon more reliable. Maybe it's because online purchases have gotten bigger. Especially Amazon who's basically it's own large retailer.

A few years back mentioning Amazon and video game sales was considered the height of ignorance. Clubbing baby seals was the usual comeback to statements like "sales on Amazone are...". It was only after about March or April 2014 when the pattern was clearly showing Amazon as a very reliable predictor of hardware rankings for NPD (more reliable than VG Chartz) that people started to accept that Amazon did provide some useful predictive information.  

Jimi Hendrix

BraLoD said:

Someone quoted me and deleted my comment to make yours? Because if not VGC buddy is playing games with me

The VGC buddy works in all sorts of mysterious ways. Don't think you can really take an awful lot from it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.