By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will GameFreak do for Pokemon's 20th Anniversary?

What will GF do for Pokemon's 20yr Anniversary?

Pokemon Z/X2Y2 14 16.28%

Pokemon Emerald remake 3 3.49%

Gen 1 remake 29 33.72%

Next Pokemon gen 11 12.79%

Home Console Pokemon game?... Just kidding! 20 23.26%

Other: Elaborate 9 10.47%

Total:86

2015 has started with currently no foreseeable plans for a main series Pokemon game, the first break since 2008 (NA). So far we're seeing a few spin off games this year, but what of next year? Of course, speculation has arised of an Emerald remake along with a Pokemon Z/X2Y2 scenrio, but what do you think? 

Though I have no evidence, nor is there any real need for it: I'm wondering if we'll see a remade Kanto 3DS title to commemorate the games that got them as far as they are today. I could also see them releasing 2 different main series entries. But what are your thoughts on how they'll celebrate 20yrs next year?

Around the Network

Pokemon MMO! Go Go Go!

Realistically, probably Pokemon Z

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Pokemon Snap U!

Give it to us already GameFreak or HAL Laboratory! *throws college loans at screen*

Pokemon Lightning Yellow...FOR WIIU!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I'm gonna guess something weird that they haven't technically done before, like when Black 2 & White 2 were announced, in addition to Pokken Fighters Wii U release.

Around the Network

full blown RPG on the ps4.

Nintendo would show their new handheld at E3 2016, so new Pokemon game as launching title of it make sense.

Mod edit - Deleted at user request.

Real-Time Pokemon MMO for the Wii-U, where you control your one Pokemon using tactics like in Dragon Age Origins with 'basic instructions' akin to how the Team Commands in Xenoblade Chronicles X seem to work rather than direct control, switching your active one will also be under this menu.

618116 said:
Nintendo would show their new handheld at E3 2016, so new Pokemon game as launching title of it make sense.

Between the NEW 3DS and the rumours of a fusion console I'd not be surprised if the new machine took until 2017.

a special wii u console and a special new3ds console.
free download of pokemon yellow with remake of generation 1

Switch!!!