By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U and PS4 First week > XBO lifetime in Japan ?

Will XBO sell more than 300,000?

Yes. 37 22.70%

Nope. 126 77.30%

Total:163
EricFabian said:
PotentHerbs said:
It's cruel to combine WiiU & PS4 sales in Japan and compare them to the XOne!

So let's do this: Wii U FW / 3 >>>> X1 LT

Already said

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
PotentHerbs said:
It's cruel to combine WiiU & PS4 sales in Japan and compare them to the XOne!

So let's do this: Wii U FW / 3 >>>> X1 LT

Damn.. lol. Tbh I don't remember the One's launch in Japan.

teigaga said:
Psshh. Probably not, the xbox one as a system deserves better but microsoft haven't put any efforts into the japanese market since 2009, they have no reason to care about anything xbox to be honest. I miss 2002 microsoft, the one that had the shemnue remasters and Jet Set Radio Future. Also miss 2007 microsoft, the one with exclusives like Mass Effect, Bioshock and Lost Oddyssey.

To be fair,Japanese market didn't give a fuck for microsoft even when they did put effort over there.The true is,Japanese market already have TWO national consoles plus handhelds plus mobile.There is no space for an american centric machine.

Fact, my japanese day one edition xbox one is rarer than your american day one edition.

xD

The XB1 won't sell more than 300k. Probably won't sell more than 100k. Microsoft just doesn't care about the Japanese market and the Japanese just don't care about Microsoft.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Skullwaker said:
The XB1 won't sell more than 300k. Probably won't sell more than 100k. Microsoft just doesn't care about the Japanese market and the Japanese just don't care about Microsoft.

In fairness, I don't think it's a matter of Microsoft, "not caring". They just know what kind of uphill battle they'll always have there, and with the newest PlayStation and Nintendo consoles out first, there isn't much they'll be able to accomplish (outside of moneyhats/incentives/deals).

frankly, its a good thing the xbox one is mostly region free, if it was region locked like the wiiu, it would already be dead in japan

CGI-Quality said:
In fairness, I don't think it's a matter of Microsoft, "not caring". They just know what kind of uphill battle they'll always have there, and with the newest PlayStation and Nintendo consoles out first, there isn't much they'll be able to accomplish (outside of moneyhats/incentives/deals).

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. There's no market for the Xbox in Japan, and I think they've accepted that and will just take the loss. Not much anyone can do about it unless there's some new craze that makes the Japanese suddenly love western-styled games above all else, which is entirely unlikely.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

It is quite possible but we always knew that the japanese audience don't like the Xbox

nope

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Yes, it looks like that will happen.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54