By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we get a new Xenoblade as a launch tittle for Nintendo's next home console?

You think it will happen?

yes 11 10.38%

no 95 89.62%

Total:106

It would be cool if it was possible, but considering how long it's taken to make X, I don't think another one as a launch title would work. It would not be nearly ready to do so as a launch title. Maybe later in the future, a new one would be possible. It may be better to try the newer one coming soon before jumping to the next already. This isn't Kingdom Hearts : P

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
curl-6 said:

Actually I did read it.

A higher grade of hardware would still require them to adapt to a new level of graphics and complexity. Unless you expect their next system not to be a huge leap over Wii U technically? Which actually wouldn't surprise me if they do go for the Fusion concept.

Even on the Wii, the first Xenoblade was in production for years. There's no way a third on the level of XCX or above could be finished before 2018, and there's no way Nintendo is waiting until 2018 to replace Wii U.

I already said like 3 times that early 2018 would still be launch window for the next console. I also explained why they could make a new one in 3 years instead of 4. and what "new graphics and complexity" are you thinking of? you can't go far from where xeno x is, more polygons overall and higher resolution is the most I can think of.

Unless you want to anchor the sequel in the technological baseplate of XCX, a next gen sequel would likely be expected to push the technological envelope further with new techniques; physically based rendering, displacement mapping, voxel cone tracing, etc.

This is all new stuff for Monolith; not only will they have to learn it all, but they'll probably have to either heavily upgrade their game engine or build a new one.

spemanig said:

The console isn't releasing that late, and another Xenoblade game isn't coming out that soon.

If it comes then prepare for the worst Xenoblade ever, good games need a lot of times to make but not too long like FF versus 13.

Materia-Blade said:

not 4 years and counting, just 4 years. and like monolith's X, zelda took longer due to HD development. and what makes you think the next game will be/need to be bigger? look at the size of xenoblade x, the next one could be a little smaller/bigger and no one would care.

You mean like GTA didn't have to get bigger but still did anyway? Even if the next game is the same size it's still taken 5 years since the original's release to develop XCX.

Around the Network

If they started it over three years ago maybe. Xenoblade launches in April, I doubt they'll even get very far into development by fall next year when the next Nintendo console launches.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

they can announce it before launch and list it TDB.
Launch in second year.

would have the same impact.