By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo partnered with Disney what Disney IP would you like to see get the Nintendo touch?

The_Yoda said:
Game_God said:

Like I said on the other thread about that "analyst" suggesting that Disney should buy Nintendo, let Disney make park attractions based on Nintendo IPs & Pixar make good movies of Mario, Metroid, Starfox, Zelda, Donkey Kong etc, movies in which Nintendo obviously has their artistic contibution & word to say! That should make a great source of income for Nintendo, while giving its IPs greater recognition & awarness!

Then throw some IPs Nintendo's way, Marvel comes to mind though the best would that Disney should make it mandatory that any of its IP developped by 3rd parties should come to Nintendo consoles, Nintendo has enough work on their hands making its IPs & developping new ones.

The best for the end: "force" EA to release the Star Wars games on Nintendo's consoles... just to see the face of Peter Moore :O

Yeah already told you I loved the last line in the other thread.  I specifically chose partnership over acquisition though for my thread.  In general though I like the way you think.  I do agree Nintendo couldn't handle too many of Disney's IP at a time and still keep up with their own. I'd like to see maybe one good IP use per year (i.e. unlike the licencing cash grabs Disney currently brokers when it comes to games)

I agree with you, partnership I'm ok with, acquisition not so much, I don't thnk it's even possible in regard of the very protective Japanese laws.

I like your idea of one Disney IP game, maybe not per year since Nintendo makes quality games & that takes time, maybe every 2 years.

Now imagine, a giant Mario Kart themed go-kart circuit with mixed parts of the best tracks of the game, you would have virtual item boxes, that displayed virtual items on a screen on your wheel, you could shoot them toward your oponents & they would be slowed by them like in the game, tech enables this concept quite easily!

On the movie side, Pixar can make animations out of Mario, Donkey Kong, StarFox, Yoshi... They have Touchstone & Lucasfilm to make motion pictures with real actors out of Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, XenoBlade...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network

A Mickey Mouse platformer is the obvious choice. Nintendo could draw upon the history of Disney and Mickey for cool mechanics, levels, and powerups. I don't know why Disney themselves haven't capitalized on this with their own game studio.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

The Smash Bros rooster will be huge.

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts will be strange.

Disney + Nintendo Princess game will be very pink.

Marvel, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars.

Not Mickey or any of their cartoon/kids IP. I dunno why, I just think Nintendo already has that covered, I don't want to see a Mickey Mouse game from them.

It's not happening.

But if? Star Wars, definitely. Dear god. Eh... but, Nintendo already has Star Fox. Just give Fox (or James? Hm, Ninty? Hmmmm?) a Beam Sword. Marvel, for sure. Iron Man? Eh... Metroid has a much cooler mech suit character... Mickey Mouse! A classic! Well... He wouldn't be all to different from a Mario game...

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Marvel, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars.

Not Mickey or any of their cartoon/kids IP. I dunno why, I just think Nintendo already has that covered, I don't want to see a Mickey Mouse game from them.

I feel like Nintendo has all of those covered, though. Samus has all of the tropes of a super hero, far more than any other Nintendo character. Zelda is an adventure game about exploring tombs and dungeons, and Star Wars? Well, Star Fox, clearly.

Game_God said:

I agree with you, partnership I'm ok with, acquisition not so much, I don't thnk it's even possible in regard of the very protective Japanese laws.

I like your idea of one Disney IP game, maybe not per year since Nintendo makes quality games & that takes time, maybe every 2 years.

Now imagine, a giant Mario Kart themed go-kart circuit with mixed parts of the best tracks of the game, you would have virtual item boxes, that displayed virtual items on a screen on your wheel, you could shoot them toward your oponents & they would be slowed by them like in the game, tech enables this concept quite easily!

On the movie side, Pixar can make animations out of Mario, Donkey Kong, StarFox, Yoshi... They have Touchstone & Lucasfilm to make motion pictures with real actors out of Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, XenoBlade...

You've probably already seen these but speaking of real life mario kart:

Austin Texas track

Custom Karts - I hadn't seen these they are pretty cool ... wonder how much each one costs

If you had Disney money you could do a better version of the course with this quality of Karts and it would be amazing

Obviously Frozen would be the biggest money maker......

But I really really REALLY would want REALISTIC Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure game!!!! :D

Super Smash vs Kingdom Hearts.

I would love to beat up that bastard Donald Duck.