By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony exclusives first half of 2015

sales2099 said:
Kerotan said:

Put it this way. If you don't own a playstation console what are your options for a top quality baseball title releasing this year? It's not like it is releasing on pc too which would make it possible for nearly everyone to play then.

Not "playstation console". You say "PS4". It is not exclusive to PS4. And just people people own PC's doesnt mean they use them for gaming, nor does it mean their specs are suitable for gaming. Sorry but its clear that theres a huge crowd of console-only gamers.

I am regurgitating your peoples mantra to the letter here.....PS fans worship the "allmighty exclusive", not the "allmighty multiplat on Sony consoles".

And once again.......baseball. Im sorry but seriously, its baseball.

Sorry but you're mistaken. MLB sells very well. And i don't know why you care so much that it's on PS3. PS4 is where the software sales come from now anyway.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
VitroBahllee said:

X1 outsold PS4 in US in week 2 of 2016 by about 15 thousand units. Yet you come to me with this?!

What are next weeks lotto numbers? Was MGS5 any good? DId Kojima sneak a kerotan easter egg into it? Did McGregor beat Jose Aldo for the title? 

I appreciate the big news that XB1 won the second week of next year but that ain't gonna make me rich!

Oh and i hope the 2016 week 2 numbers are not from VGchartz because there is a massive probability they will be adjusted after NPD if this year (and last) is anything to go by! 

Hahaha you're dumb.

I've seen this act before. Apparently, winning in US is only important if PS is doing it. if Wii or X1 do it, then being number one in the number one region for game sales in the world is suddenly unimportant.

Moderated - Leadified

If it will move even a couple of thousand consoles and its not on the opposing platform. It is exclusive. If God Eater, MLB, etc collectively move 50-200 thousand+ consoles worldwide.. Then it was worth it...

If the order and bloodborne get 50 on metacritic and move 50-200 thousand+ consoles then its a win for Sony...

Sure they might have moved more if they were better.... But moving consoles is what Sony wants... And I for one am looking forward to the order and bloodborne

VitroBahllee said:
Kerotan said:

What are next weeks lotto numbers? Was MGS5 any good? DId Kojima sneak a kerotan easter egg into it? Did McGregor beat Jose Aldo for the title? 

I appreciate the big news that XB1 won the second week of next year but that ain't gonna make me rich!

Oh and i hope the 2016 week 2 numbers are not from VGchartz because there is a massive probability they will be adjusted after NPD if this year (and last) is anything to go by! 

Hahaha you're dumb.

i think your sarcasm detector is broken. I know what you mean and the last part of my post was intended to answer what you meant to write. Bottom line is vgchartz numbers are not right and the numbers from amazon, bestbuy, gamestop and walmart hold more weight. All have the PS4 ahead this year. 

Kerotan said:
VitroBahllee said:

Hahaha you're dumb.

i think your sarcasm detector is broken. I know what you mean and the last part of my post was intended to answer what you meant to write. Bottom line is vgchartz numbers are not right and the numbers from amazon, bestbuy, gamestop and walmart hold more weight. All have the PS4 ahead this year. 

NPD holds all the weight. 

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
Kerotan said:

NPD holds all the weight. 

So why did you quote the chartz numbers and say X1 won week 2 by "x" number of units. It sure as hell looked like that was holding the weight for you. 

As regards selling the most in the US, of course it matters. PS4 has sold a lot more there so far but in terms of the overall WW gap, the PS4 lead in Japan is more significant. The US is by far the X1's biggest market so it holds more weight for it then it does for PS4 considering it's a truly global brand. 

Kerotan said:
sales2099 said:

Not "playstation console". You say "PS4". It is not exclusive to PS4. And just people people own PC's doesnt mean they use them for gaming, nor does it mean their specs are suitable for gaming. Sorry but its clear that theres a huge crowd of console-only gamers.

I am regurgitating your peoples mantra to the letter here.....PS fans worship the "allmighty exclusive", not the "allmighty multiplat on Sony consoles".

I represent myself. Sony fans don't represent me. MLB has about as big a fanbase as an exclusive like Sunset Overdrive and considering it's annual that's pretty good. It is not huge but it's got it's market locked down. 

The reality is if you, Sales2099 don't own a Playstation console and you are a baseball fan you will be missing out big time. If it was xbox exclusive we both know you'd be saying something different. 

Listing MLB is like me listing Dance Central. They just dont belong next to Uncharted and Halo. They just dont.

You also can't do a double standard and say PS3/PS4 games are a PS4 exclusive but a Xbox One/PC game is a multiplat. Both are multiplat. If you bend the definition then it applies to the other side too.

Assuming any gamer could just play on the PC if they felt like it is just as a broad generalization as anything you think I am saying regarding PS fans as a people. Just because you have a gaming capable PC, doesnt mean other do, nor does it mean people even want to game on PC. If this is PS4 vs Xbox 1......lets compare big games on one but not the other or a more narrow minded approach to just include exclusives. You don't bend the definition one way but not the other.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Pionner said:
sales2099 said:

Sorry but you're mistaken. MLB sells very well. And i don't know why you care so much that it's on PS3. PS4 is where the software sales come from now anyway.

So does Dance Central (or at least it used to on 360). Doesnt mean it belongs in a core gamers list comparison.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Kerotan said:
sales2099 said:

I represent myself. Sony fans don't represent me. MLB has about as big a fanbase as an exclusive like Sunset Overdrive and considering it's annual that's pretty good. It is not huge but it's got it's market locked down. 

The reality is if you, Sales2099 don't own a Playstation console and you are a baseball fan you will be missing out big time. If it was xbox exclusive we both know you'd be saying something different. 

Listing MLB is like me listing Dance Central. They just dont belong next to Uncharted and Halo. They just dont.

You also can't do a double standard and say PS3/PS4 games are a PS4 exclusive but a Xbox One/PC game is a multiplat. Both are multiplat. If you bend the definition then it applies to the other side too.

Assuming any gamer could just play on the PC if they felt like it is just as a broad generalization as anything you think I am saying regarding PS fans as a people. Just because you have a gaming capable PC, doesnt mean other do, nor does it mean people even want to game on PC. If this is PS4 vs Xbox 1......lets compare big games on one but not the other or a more narrow minded approach to just include exclusives. You don't bend the definition one way but not the other.

I never said they deserved to be beside Uncharted and Halo. Oh and I find it funny Uncharted is considered worthy to stand toe to toe with Halo now. Remember the hate the first uncharted got back in 2007 for it's low sales? Back when Halo 3 launched. How the mighty has risen!

As for the second paragraph, please pay close attention to me. I never said PS3/PS4/vita games were PS4 exclusive. I said Playstation exclusive. I don't say games like Planetside 2 are Playstation exclusive because they are also on PC. The same way as I don't say games like Titanfall or Fable are xbox exclusives. 

I'm not saying everyone will game on PC. I'm saying the games are not xbox exclusive because they are on PC. That's a fact. It doesn't change the fact that games like MLB, LBP3 and many more are still playstation exclusive.

Kerotan said:
sales2099 said:

I never said they deserved to be beside Uncharted and Halo. Oh and I find it funny Uncharted is considered worthy to stand toe to toe with Halo now. Remember the hate the first uncharted got back in 2007 for it's low sales? Back when Halo 3 launched. How the mighty has risen!

As for the second paragraph, please pay close attention to me. I never said PS3/PS4/vita games were PS4 exclusive. I said Playstation exclusive. I don't say games like Planetside 2 are Playstation exclusive because they are also on PC. The same way as I don't say games like Titanfall or Fable are xbox exclusives. 

I'm not saying everyone will game on PC. I'm saying the games are not xbox exclusive because they are on PC. That's a fact. It doesn't change the fact that games like MLB, LBP3 and many more are still playstation exclusive.

Yes....it only took 7 years. Um that comment is just weird. Both are each consoles top IP. It wasn't actually a direct comparison. But I digress.

Im sorry but your bending (or in this case, adding a word) the word exclusive. Ok......what you say to Xbox/PC games as "Microsoft exclusive"? Considering most if not all PC gamers boot up some form of WIndows in order to log into STeam or whatever. Think we can ignore the 0.01% of people that use Linux and MAC users as MACs and real PC gaming is an oxymoron.

I mean if you are willing to bend the term to "PS exclusives" then surely PC is Microsoft.....or at least is not Sony, considering they sold their laptop division and has no more PC owned developers.