By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony exclusives first half of 2015

GribbleGrunger said:

It's going to be interesting to watch the narrative slowly flip for the first 6 months.

The narrative won't flip. The ability to brag about outselling the X1 in the US is gone, as is the ability of the X1 to point to a much more robust slate of exclusives. Maybe people can talk about what is actually going on now that these boring 'narratives' are over.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's going to be interesting to watch the narrative slowly flip for the first 6 months.

The narrative won't flip. The ability to brag about outselling the X1 in the US is gone, as is the ability of the X1 to point to a much more robust slate of exclusives. Maybe people can talk about what is actually going on now that these boring 'narratives' are over.

you obviously haven't been paying too much to online retailer charts since 2015 began. It appears PS4 is selling more in the US again even at a cheaper price!

PotentHerbs said:
darkenergy said:

I could also guess that some Xbox games scored higher than some playstation games. As for the Order there are concerns regarding the gameplay and cutscenes.

That is true but IIRC no XOne exclusive broke the 90% score on Metacritic as of yet? BloodBorne has a real good chance to do so. 

To be fair all ps4 hits above 90 were guaranteed from riding off the coat tails of ps3s beat hits. Regardless Xbox one games not on ps4 on average are scoring higher 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Kerotan said:

Put it this way. If you don't own a playstation console what are your options for a top quality baseball title releasing this year? It's not like it is releasing on pc too which would make it possible for nearly everyone to play then.

Not "playstation console". You say "PS4". It is not exclusive to PS4. And just people people own PC's doesnt mean they use them for gaming, nor does it mean their specs are suitable for gaming. Sorry but its clear that theres a huge crowd of console-only gamers.

I am regurgitating your peoples mantra to the letter here.....PS fans worship the "allmighty exclusive", not the "allmighty multiplat on Sony consoles".

And once again.......baseball. Im sorry but seriously, its baseball.

I represent myself. Sony fans don't represent me. MLB has about as big a fanbase as an exclusive like Sunset Overdrive and considering it's annual that's pretty good. It is not huge but it's got it's market locked down. 

The reality is if you, Sales2099 don't own a Playstation console and you are a baseball fan you will be missing out big time. If it was xbox exclusive we both know you'd be saying something different. 

Don't forget Toukiden Kiwami PS4 and God Eater 2

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network
elazz said:

apparently God Eater doesn't count because it's on the Vita and the PS4!

Kerotan said:
elazz said:

But they are still Sony exclusives

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Kerotan said:
VitroBahllee said:

you obviously haven't been paying too much to online retailer charts since 2015 began. It appears PS4 is selling more in the US again even at a cheaper price!

X1 outsold PS4 in US in week 2 of 2016 by about 15 thousand units. Yet you come to me with this?!

elazz said:
Kerotan said:

But they are still Sony exclusives

I was being sarcastic haha :) Of course it's an exclusive. If it was coming to PC I would say Sony  console exclusive. Games like Planetside 2 are Sony console exclusive. But games like God Eater and many more are Playstation exclusive. You need to be in our eco system to play them. 

VitroBahllee said:
Kerotan said:

X1 outsold PS4 in US in week 2 of 2016 by about 15 thousand units. Yet you come to me with this?!

What are next weeks lotto numbers? Was MGS5 any good? DId Kojima sneak a kerotan easter egg into it? Did McGregor beat Jose Aldo for the title? 

I appreciate the big news that XB1 won the second week of next year but that ain't gonna make me rich!

Oh and i hope the 2016 week 2 numbers are not from VGchartz because there is a massive probability they will be adjusted after NPD if this year (and last) is anything to go by!