By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: The next Gears of War will get a hype cinematic at E3

Will Gears get a cinematic at E3?

Yes 33 94.29%

No 2 5.71%

Total:35
vivster said:
walsufnir said:
vivster said:
Well yeah, what else are they gonna show? You can only show so much Halo and Quantum Break.

Perhaps games that aren't announced yet?

Nah, probably not. Would only take time away from the Gears trailer.

Then I am totally ok with this. But this won't happen, sadly.

Around the Network

They purchased the right to make Gears of War games 1 year ago so it's not coming until late 2016 (if they are very fast) or 2017. But they do like those CG trailers with no release date so it's very much possible that you're right.

Don't copy random editorials.

I'd prefer they show gameplay.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

vivster said:
Well yeah, what else are they gonna show? You can only show so much Halo and Quantum Break.

Microsofts best exclusives tend to be third party made, so that all depends on third party, how much Microsoft paid and the development schedule. There is no uniformity to Microsofts development process because we dont know what uniformity is for their internal development. Platinum will definitely show Scalebound at E3. Thats for sure. Ken Lobb has been hypig up Scalebound on the internet, quite a bit.

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

Nah, probably not. Would only take time away from the Gears trailer.

Then I am totally ok with this. But this won't happen, sadly.

There will be third party exclusives so being surprised comes easier to MS. If they own the IP of second party commissions then those games by name will get leaked once they are trademarked.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
It sounds like a pretty safe prediction...

Yep. Next year would make nearly three years of development time for Gears. Microsoft strategically needs a heavy hitter and without Gears they dont have anything to fill the void, since Black Tusks game didnt come up to snuff.