By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion -  Nintendo WiiU Software Sales Update! Nintendoland at 4.44mil! SM3DW at 3.79mil, Not a "FLOP" :)

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
added comparisons, SM3DW looks majorly undertracked

Don't these numbers include digital?

Yes but the numbers aren't high, looking at US/Japan. SSBU is another game with literally small digital sales for example while MK8+WW HD are high in digital.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
added comparisons, SM3DW looks majorly undertracked

Don't these numbers include digital?

Yes, but I wouldn't expect a 3D Mario to have a very high ratio. I'd say around 200k are digital, and that's too high IMO.

The more logical reason for the bad tracking are the bundles. Which would also explain the undertracking of Nintendo Land and MK8.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Does anyone want to estimate what NSMBU sales are? We know that it sold less than 1M from April 1 2014 to December 31 2014, and was at 4.16M before then (all Nintendo numbers). I am curious to know if MK8 took it rightful spot at the top.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

garretslarrity said:
Does anyone want to estimate what NSMBU sales are? We know that it sold less than 1M from April 1 2014 to December 31 2014, and was at 4.16M before then (all Nintendo numbers). I am curious to know if MK8 took it rightful spot at the top.

Dont think it did. My guess its between 4.8mil-5.0mil. No way it shipped under 600k for the year looking at other SW from WiiU

tbone51 said:
garretslarrity said:

Dont think it did. My guess its between 4.8mil-5.0mil. No way it shipped under 600k for the year looking at other SW from WiiU

I think you're right, but i hope MK8 takes the spot soon!

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network

Go 3d world. What an awesome game

VGChart has 3D World at 2.94m. Heavily undertracked perhaps? 850k is a hell of a lot to still be on store shelves/digital sales...

VGC doesn't chart digital sales

SjOne said:
VGC doesn't chart digital sales

I know, but SM3DW stilllooks majorly undertracked, maybe by 200k-400k. 

Not on the OP (for shame tbone) but Nintendo's shipped over a million copies of MK8 to Japan, WiiU's second and probably last million seller over there.

Other WiiU games had no legs in Japan, however, 3D World only shipped 70k and NintendoLand 20k last year.