Are you a digital or physical person?

Digital 15 12.20%

Physical 59 47.97%

Both equally 5 4.07%

Both but more physical 30 24.39%

Both but more digital 14 11.38%

Total:123
pbroy said:

The end of last gen I started my digital game collection with the weekly deals. Games at $5-10. Even if I had the physical game already, it just makes it more convenient to not swap discs and play games instantly. I transitioned into buying only collectors editions at launch with pre order goodies and just waiting for the game to go on sale digitally to finally play it.

When this current gen started I decided to go physical because fucking blu-rays are like 30 gig downloads. Then I lost the convenience of playing games on the fly. Kinect also made me wish I went all digital this gen. Telling it to play my games instantly without putting a disc in is high society living. Now I wish M$ went with their buy from retail, own it on digital plan. I could just install the game without the downloading part and have the convenience of instant game access.

So I thought about how going digital is like free games on multiple consoles. On a 360 i could download all my games onto a 360. Then reset my licence every 4 months and download them to another 360. This would give each console home rights and anyone can play them.

All digital is the future for me. Only collector editions will be store bought and other scalpable purchases

I get you. The convenience is so nice. I never expected to download Sunset Overdrive, but rather buy that physically. Eventually, I cracked because Microsoft put it on sale for $30. That was good enough for me. Sony had an even better sale as well. 

Around the Network

i should have done that with my wii U.
mario kart, smash bros, rayman legends daily chalanges, even hyrule warriors, and other games i should have got digitally.
Because i can easily spend 30 minutes playing them every day, with no needing for change disks.
Zelda, xenoblade, bayonetta, lego city, batman, zumbi U, should be all physical. Games that i spend days in a single game and i wont play it again for a long time.
ill try doing that on a ps4, and nintendo next next gen.

I only ever ever ever ever ever accept digital retail games if that's how it came in a console bundle.

jonathanalis said:
i should have done that with my wii U.
mario kart, smash bros, rayman legends daily chalanges, even hyrule warriors, and other games i should have got digitally.
Because i can easily spend 30 minutes playing them every day, with no needing for change disks.
Zelda, xenoblade, bayonetta, lego city, batman, zumbi U, should be all physical. Games that i spend days in a single game and i wont play it again for a long time.
ill try doing that on a ps4, and nintendo next next gen.

Have you purchased an external HD? I wouldn't do that on a Nintendo platform without that if you decide to later. Hopefully Nintendo gets with the program early next gen. Besides, its 2015 so technically the Wii U has two more years left in the tank before it starts hyping up the next console a year after that (which would be 2018).

For me must have games I buy physical. Others I buy digitally when I am bored or the price has dropped a bit.

Around the Network

Physical or I do not play it simple as that.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Physical is usually cheaper than digital with consoles, so physical it is for me.

As for your plans I would suggest a rental program(gamefly in the US) for those games you would normally buy then trade, its can often be cheaper than buying/reselling if you play a lot of games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:
Physical is usually cheaper than digital with consoles, so physical it is for me.

As for your plans I would suggest a rental program(gamefly in the US) for those games you would normally buy then trade, its can often be cheaper than buying/reselling if you play a lot of games.

Rental makes sense. Over the past two years, Sony and Microsoft have been aggressively trying to take on Steam though, so everytime Steam seems to have those sales Sony seems to follow and then MS comes afterwards.

I really dislike digital, but given no choice on some titles had to break down and do it. I sometimes forget I have some titles because they were digital downloads and get lost in the library on the hard drive.

I will always choose physical if there's both as im a collector and I'd like to see where my money went. I find it hard for me to accept digital purchase as I don't really see it unless I turn on my system so I rarely believe that I actually own it.

The worst thing about digital is that if it's gone, its gone for good. I'm sadden by the fact that I missed out on getting TMNT Turtles in Time re-shell due to the change of licences. This goes the same for those that wanted EA's Tetris on PSN.