By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo on why Pokemon won't be coming to home console

Seems weird. Aren't the most Pokemon players using the online features on the handheld instead of going out directly to the people they want to trade with?
And isn't Wonder Trade the exact opposite of what they supposedly trying to achieve?

I call BS.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

As long as they show a little love on console, I'm fine I guess.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

spemanig said:

"But there are a lot of people who want a home console version, we know. Especially now with internet features that let people battle and trade. But the way that handhelds allow people to come together... if we could figure out a way to make that happen on consoles it would be an option on the future, but right now that’s just not possible."

Aka, the next generation Nintendo console and it's unified platform with the next handheld. They aren't even hiding it anymore. They know exactly what we want, they just don't feel like they can implement both our wishes and their wishes on the current hardware. They aren't even saying that it "could" be possible. If they can do that on consoles, it will be a future option. They will be able to do that on the next console, so it will happen. Pokemon RPGs won't come to the Wii U, but they'll definitely be on it's successor.

I still think what he's saying is stupid, though. If Nintendo release the RPG on consoles, and a Stadium/Pokebank-like app on the 3DS, non of this would be an issue. People don't want a console Pokemon to "play at their own pace;" they want a console Pokemon because the much stronger hardware allows for a bigger, more detailed, and more fleshed out world than anything even remotely possible on the 3DS and systems prior.

But whatever. All this does is ramp up my impacience for the next Nintendo platform, as it will be the start of something great on all sides.

Everytime you rant about Pokemon or Nintendo's next console it makes me want them too.  Stop making me excited for things!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

ktay95 said:
Real reason, money > innovation

If they really wanted moola, they'd do both, handheld and console, like Smash Bros 4.

Or just do a Pokemon MMORPG on console. That shit would print money.

curl-6 said:
ktay95 said:

If they really wanted moola, they'd do both, handheld and console, like Smash Bros 4.

Making a 3DS game not look like ass on WiiU is a big ask, they would have to develop for WiiU and port down you would think which would cost more. Also the 3DS Pokemon games on WiiU -_- No thanks, I want a real HC Pokemon.

And an MMO may print money but how much does it hurt HH sales?? I mean why buy the HH games when you play the MMO and vice versa. Its an expensive risk, one I just cant see Nintendo ever making unless they are on the verge of bankruptcy

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
curl-6 said:
ktay95 said:

Making a 3DS game not look like ass on WiiU is a big ask, they would have to develop for WiiU and port down you would think which would cost more. Also the 3DS Pokemon games on WiiU -_- No thanks, I want a real HC Pokemon.

And an MMO may print money but how much does it hurt HH sales?? I mean why buy the HH games when you play the MMO and vice versa. Its an expensive risk, one I just cant see Nintendo ever making unless they are on the verge of bankruptcy

I was talking about cheap money, not good graphics or a ground up console version. ;)

They put Smash Bros on Wii U and 3DS, and that's one of their largest franchises. Sales didn't seem to suffer much, outside of killing its system selling power.

What about something like Colosseum or Stadium? -.-

MohammadBadir said:

How about Coma Enducing Revolution =P

"now that even Nintendo has grudgingly implemented online functionality"

What a load of sensationalized ass. Thanks for re-writing history, Kotaku. The first Pokemon games on DS came out in 2006, almost a full year before the first iPhone was even released. They had full online trading and battling, even supported voice chat.

GARME JURNALIZM

ktay95 said:
MohammadBadir said:

How about Coma Enducing Revolution =P

Even that would be better than what we have now, which is just Rumble XD