By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What version of Windows do you have?

What version of Windows do you have?

XP 20 5.54%

Vista 8 2.22%

7 177 49.03%

8 6 1.66%

8.1 114 31.58%

Other 14 3.88%

See Results 22 6.09%

Total:361

Linux Mint on a very old and weak computer. It technically has Windows XP on another partition, but we never use it because it is so disgustingly slow. I am, however, about to buy a new laptop that will come with Windows 8.1. I'll eventually take the free upgrade to Windows 10 as well.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network

set up a new PC setup fairly recently and opted to go with 7 deliberately. hate the awkward tile navigation that is Microsoft trying to be 'hip' with Windows 8

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I preferred Windows 7.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I got windows 8.1 on my laptop and desktop and windows 7 on my mom's laptop, my sister's laptop and my dad's desktop

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

8.1, can't wait for 10.

Currently running Windows 10 on my main PC.

alrightiwill said:

How is it so far?

I'm using 8.1 currently. My W7 laptop broke, and when I went to look for a new one all I could find was W8 laptops. Upgraded to 8.1, and I've never really understood why people hate W8 and W8.1

KdxlavkdX said:
alrightiwill said:

How is it so far?

It's pretty good but tbh not that big a jump from Win 8.1(expected seeing as it's still in development) and I was a fan of 8 so I'm not going to get the awesome jump that would be from Win 7->Win 10.

It runs pretty smooth and the metro tiles inside the start button are great. Plus the overall improvements that were in Win 8 make it great such as improved Task Manager and File Transfer.