By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39
biglittlesps said:
This game appeal mostly to those who like Nintendo like games and they should have already got a Wii U for their games MK8, SSB and Mario games by now so don't expect other people to buy only for this game. This game does not even have voice chat to get more appeal in multiplayer for new comers and multiplayer gamers. It may sell reasonably well and may reach 1million+ LTD.

So why wouldn't a Seven year old boy who sees this game on Nickelodeon or Disney want it and not being COD the parents allowing their kid to get it for their birthday? You know gamers are not the only ones who control the market. 

Around the Network

It's cool that they bundled it, but still wont sell as many systems as MK8, who didn't sell a significant amount to begin with.

To me the game is everything gaming should be, thankyou Nintendo for keeping real gaming alive.

So with more marketing with this game, as we now less than a month away, has anyone changed their thoughts again? Splatoon is having its own direct May 7th to release the last info needed for this great game. May 15th on the Santa Monica Pier Nintendo is having a SplatFest to help hype this game having an open competition with celebrities playing this game to showcase it.
If these are C+ celebrities on up and they look like they having a blast with this game this all but assures my original post(please read if have not read). I didn't start this thread out pure biased of Nintendo and hope sells well. I started to show how this opinion was based of another's reaction and that guy seemed really excited. Reason why Splatoon will move consoles.

This game will not move Wii U's. It will not convince people who are not already inclined to buying a Wii U. It will shift a decent amount of copies for a Wii U game though.

Around the Network

I think it will move some. But what Splatoon and the Wii U need is a Wii U pricecut. I think a price cut would increase the selling power of many of Nintendo's upcoming games substantially.

DolPhanTendo said:
Reason why Splatoon will move consoles.

Obviously it will, the question is how many, though the answer to that is also obvious.

IMO this is the exact kind of game Wii U needs, this and Starfox could do really well this year.
I think Nintendo should have tried their hands at this kind of a game before, shooting, but none violent, colorful, with a cool art style, solid performance and some different gameplay tools like the roller, other strategic weapons like that paint shower, ability to disappear under the ink and recharge, it looks like a tonne of fun.

If I had money right now I'd buy a Wii U for this game.

Nintendo does need to market it, if they do then I think it will move hardware & being that it has that shooter element too it I think it could even come close to MK8 numbers.
The fact it's different for a Nintendo platform (having 3rd person shooter gameplay, with multiplayer and what seems like a Co-op) I think this could generate a new audience for Wii U, beyond the standard crowd that buys into their home platforms.

Does it lack voice chat? Has Nintendo put in a system to communicate, whilst protecting younger gamers from bullying?

DolPhanTendo said:
Nettles said:
I thought maybe so, until i heard there will be no voice chat in multiplayer.You can't really play a co-op FPS without the in game voice chat.

Why is this? I never used voice chat when playing multiplayer, it's nothing but 12 year old studio gangsters. Plus the gamepad is what to use to help your team

Well its a good option if you want to have a serious team effort... Then again, those who want to have  that would probably just use other devices to communicate while playing. Though really multiplayer shooters with no voice chat in the 2015... That's pretty depressing, regardless of who or how many actually use it.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PenguinZ said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Why is this? I never used voice chat when playing multiplayer, it's nothing but 12 year old studio gangsters. Plus the gamepad is what to use to help your team

Well its a good option if you want to have a serious team effort... Then again, those who want to have  that would probably just use other devices to communicate while playing. Though really multiplayer shooters with no voice chat in the 2015... That's pretty depressing, regardless of who or how many actually use it.

I get where you're coming from, but I can understand Nintendo not having voice chat in a game like this, because of the gamers who may play it.

Maybe they can get around the communication issues (from a strategic POV), but using Wii U's touchscreen to let people tap the map and point out where enemies are?

Any clues how the tablet will be used in the game? Will it just be as a normal controller or will they have air drops of stuff with perks and you can use the tablet screen to help you drop packages and stuff?