By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is final Fantasy X still worth playing despite spoilers?

Should I still get it?

Yes 93 89.42%

No 11 10.58%

Total:104
ils411 said:
Boutros said:
It's the best game ever made.
And that spoiler is a part of the story I had completely forgotten until I played it again recently. The rest of the story is what is memorable.

how is it memorable?... its been years since i played this and i recall that i didnt' really enjoy the story that much... i better buy this for my vita soon and replay it as all i remember was wanting to slap tidus from the very beginning...sad thing was, at the end, i still wanted to slap him...worst hero...EVER! yes, worst than emmo squall...

Yuna's journey was very memorable. Honestly her character development was surprisingly well made. But I don't want to go into details because I'd be revealing spoilers.

Around the Network
vivster said:
ils411 said:

O_o

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree. FF7 is way better than FFVIII. FFIX is debatable but FFVIII was the worst of the 3 FF games on the PSOne. You can even plow through the game in a few hours. no leveling up or getting better gear required. Plus the junction system was horrible.

Did you get on to a rocket to meet with an evil frozen space witch in FFVII? No? Were there flying fortresses that fought each others with high jumping motorcycles in FFVII? No? Well there you have it.

Golden Chocobo...that is all! ;p

Boutros said:
ils411 said:
Boutros said:
It's the best game ever made.
And that spoiler is a part of the story I had completely forgotten until I played it again recently. The rest of the story is what is memorable.

how is it memorable?... its been years since i played this and i recall that i didnt' really enjoy the story that much... i better buy this for my vita soon and replay it as all i remember was wanting to slap tidus from the very beginning...sad thing was, at the end, i still wanted to slap him...worst hero...EVER! yes, worst than emmo squall...

Yuna's journey was very memorable. Honestly her character development was surprisingly well made. But I don't want to go into details because I'd be revealing spoilers.

come to think of it, i didn't like her that much either dunno why, cant recall... especially wakka.. was that wakka? yeah, i think it is...he sucked! lulu deserved better.. I'm waiting on a FFX/X-2 sale on PSN as I dont wanna pay full price coz..well...i haz limited funds right now :(

Mystro-Sama said:
kupomogli said:
Mystro-Sama said:

So I found out one of the main character is just a dream which i'm so fucking bummed about since that's a fucking awesome plot twist.

So with that in mind is it still worth it to playthrough?

It's not worth playing even without spoilers.  There's a couple hundred JRPGs you could play and have a better time with than Final Fantasy 10.  Final Fantasy 10-2 on the other hand, that's worth playing.  The story is garbage, just like Final Fantasy 10s, but the battle system and other sections of gameplay more than make up for any shortcomings the game has.

Wow, really? A lot of people said it was one of the best games of the generation.

both is correct. ff10 is one of the best jrpgs of its generation, but is a meh game, the golden age of jrpg was the snes-ps1 time. if you realy want to play a good ff, play ff9, the story is fantastic, the game is epic, but not as heavy as 7 an 8 and it aged better than those 2.

generic-user-1 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
kupomogli said:
Mystro-Sama said:

So I found out one of the main character is just a dream which i'm so fucking bummed about since that's a fucking awesome plot twist.

It's not worth playing even without spoilers.  There's a couple hundred JRPGs you could play and have a better time with than Final Fantasy 10.  Final Fantasy 10-2 on the other hand, that's worth playing.  The story is garbage, just like Final Fantasy 10s, but the battle system and other sections of gameplay more than make up for any shortcomings the game has.

Wow, really? A lot of people said it was one of the best games of the generation.

both is correct. ff10 is one of the best jrpgs of its generation, but is a meh game, the golden age of jrpg was the snes-ps1 time. if you realy want to play a good ff, play ff9, the story is fantastic, the game is epic, but not as heavy as 7 an 8 and it aged better than those 2.

Ah... an FFIX fan... ever noticed that the FF9 crew looked like the crew in the Wizard of Oz. You got the tin man, the scar crow (vivi i think), the lion and the girl (princes...ummm eh..forgot).

Around the Network
ils411 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
kupomogli said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Ah... an FFIX fan... ever noticed that the FF9 crew looked like the crew in the Wizard of Oz. You got the tin man, the scar crow (vivi i think), the lion and the girl (princes...ummm eh..forgot).

i think ff9 is the best game for the most people to start into ff, even if i like 8 more. ff9 has just a lovely light story, but isnt missing the epicness where epicness is needed. and yes, i noticed it(you notice alot of things when you smoked some stuff^^)

BraLoD said:
Well, I'm definitely playing it someday so I'm not reading that spoiler of yours xD

It's not that much of a spoiler, it's gross simplification (even a missunderstanding) of the  story.

Final Fantasy 10 is my favorite in the series (of which I rank 10-8-7-5-6-3-1-4, screw the rest). It plays very little like previous Final Fantasy games (or its follow-ups), yet there's enough of the franchise in there to still feel like one. In fact, it's the last game in the mainline series I've honestly enjoyed - not counting 14, as I haven't touched that yet.

Admittedly, my perception might be due to how much I disliked the generic and too-safe #9 - I was so turned off I absolutely ignored all news of 10 up until the demo arrived.

Definitely in my top 3 games of all time, definitely do not miss it!

There's a reason I've beaten Pennance (super secret boss requiring 100+ hours of gameplay) twice. And had about another 2 solid playthroughs

Great characters and world, I certainly enjoyed the story, great leveling system, great battle system and amazing music

I love that game so much

My opinion, no. The plot and some of the twists are the best parts. The voice acting alone makes it not worth playing. But thats just me.