By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is final Fantasy X still worth playing despite spoilers?

Should I still get it?

Yes 93 89.42%

No 11 10.58%

Total:104
Ka-pi96 said:
Definitely! It's an amazing game, IMO one of the best ever!

Ah we like so many of the same games :).

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

So I found out one of the main character is just a dream which i'm so fucking bummed about since that's a fucking awesome plot twist.

So with that in mind is it still worth it to playthrough?

Yep. The story is not that simple. The "dream" part is actually pretty complicated.

Of course it's worth it, the gameplay is the real meat of the game.

Besides the plot of FF X is a convoluted mess. I played that game 2 times and I think I understood the plot less the second time I played it.

What I'm trying to say is... you'll be fine. Just play the game!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Yep definitely, hasn't aged amazingl but it still has one of teh most authentically beautiful worlds of any JRPG, very likable characters and a solid if not a bit tame, battle system.

vivster said:
Mystro-Sama said:
kupomogli said:
Mystro-Sama said:

So I found out one of the main character is just a dream which i'm so fucking bummed about since that's a fucking awesome plot twist.

So with that in mind is it still worth it to playthrough?

It's not worth playing even without spoilers.  There's a couple hundred JRPGs you could play and have a better time with than Final Fantasy 10.  Final Fantasy 10-2 on the other hand, that's worth playing.  The story is garbage, just like Final Fantasy 10s, but the battle system and other sections of gameplay more than make up for any shortcomings the game has.

Wow, really? A lot of people said it was one of the best games of the generation.

That's also what people said about FF7 when in fact both FFVIII and FFIX are better. Mainstream people are weird that way.

O_o

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree. FF7 is way better than FFVIII. FFIX is debatable but FFVIII was the worst of the 3 FF games on the PSOne. You can even plow through the game in a few hours. no leveling up or getting better gear required. Plus the junction system was horrible.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Wow, really? A lot of people said it was one of the best games of the generation.

snip...

The short version is the gameplay is monotonous and boring as every battle you do nothing but change characters....    

That was a long ass rage rant. The plot was kinda stupid i agree but FFVIII's plot was way more stupid.

Anyways, FFX is overated. It was hailed as the first FF game on the PS2 thus it got damn high scores. I was excited to play it, but when i was actually playing it, i was extremely disapointed. aside from the kinda pretty graphics of the time, the story/plot was lame and forgetable, the main characters sucked balls and the removal of the world map was a major no no. 

It was great during its release and was the best of all the RPGs during that time, but if you look at it now, its kinda mediocre compared to todays standards. in fact, its extemely like FFXIII, linear and silly. 

I enjoyed Shadow Hearts Covenant a million times more that I did FFX...

On Topic

With that said, its still worth playing evenwith the spoliers stuff...the story aint that great to begin with so you arent missing anything. 

FFX-2 on the other hand felt like sailormoon or something... you know... dress up system... yay for dirty old men who like watching anime girls...

It's the best game ever made.
And that spoiler is a part of the story I had completely forgotten until I played it again recently. The rest of the story is what is memorable.

Ka-pi96 said:
ils411 said:
vivster said:

That's also what people said about FF7 when in fact both FFVIII and FFIX are better. Mainstream people are weird that way.

O_o

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree. FF7 is way better than FFVIII. FFIX is debatable but FFVIII was the worst of the 3 FF games on the PSOne. You can even plow through the game in a few hours. no leveling up or getting better gear required. Plus the junction system was horrible.

And I'll have to disagree with you, IMO 8 wasn't just the best FF game it was the best game of all time.

To each his own or her own. Most of the FF games are diffrent from each other and everyone is bound to have his or her own favorite... plus FFVII aint even in my top 5 favorite RPGS...

my list goes

Shadow Hearts Covenant

Xenogears

Parasite Eve

Vagrant Story (yeah, i consider this an rpg :P )

Persona 4 Golden

Shadow Hearts

Xenosaga I (never got to play 2 and 3 sadly..)

FFVII

FF Tactics

FFIX

Breath of Fire III

FFVIII

Persona 3

FFXIII

FFX 

Grandia

FFX-2

etc... i'm sure ive forgoten a bunch of games but what the hell...

Boutros said:
It's the best game ever made.
And that spoiler is a part of the story I had completely forgotten until I played it again recently. The rest of the story is what is memorable.

how is it memorable?... its been years since i played this and i recall that i didnt' really enjoy the story that much... i better buy this for my vita soon and replay it as all i remember was wanting to slap tidus from the very beginning...sad thing was, at the end, i still wanted to slap him...worst hero...EVER! yes, worst than emmo squall...

ils411 said:

O_o

Did you get on to a rocket to meet with an evil frozen space witch in FFVII? No? Were there flying fortresses that fought each others with high jumping motorcycles in FFVII? No? Well there you have it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.