By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Fondest Co-op Memories

One of the things I love most about video games is sharing them with a friend or friends. Nothing quite matches the thrill of taking down a boss or breaking a high score with a good friend or partner.

Here are some of my best memories:

Beating Lego The Hobbit at 100% with my wife (we actually hit 100% just last night!)

Countless hours playing Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 with my buddies online

Bringing my GBA over to my friend's house after work and on the weekends until we finally beat Crystal Chronicles

Let's hear yours!

P.S. No spoilers, please!

Around the Network

Gotta be playing Mario Kart Wii with the family, fighting my brother in Smash Bros. Brawl, and the crazy determinism to play against Shouta in Wii Party; sometimes wasting up to 15 minutes until we get the right CPU.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Halo CE and Halo 2
Gears of War 1&2

The amount of times I played through those games co-op......you don't wanna know. It's pretty ridiculous

Team 3 vs 3 in Halo Wars with my 2 cousins.

I was Captain Cutter and spammed ODST's and quad MAC's :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Playing Call of Duty Black Ops online with my friends.

Arcturus said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJmt2rfNyTQ

I played this with my roommate in college. Took us forever but we finally beat it. One of the best co-op games ever made, in my mind.

Goldeneye N64
Smash Bros Melee
Halo 3
Mario Party 1-4
Mario 3D World

many memories within these games for me.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Call of Duty 4
Pokémon Rumble

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

- Secret of Mana; played it with my 2 brothers. Growing up until now, we hardly ever gamed together campaign-wise, and back then multiplayer was a rarity (SNES needed the multitap). With me being the youngest i'd get the least amount of play time as most games didnt have more than 2 player so I would go crazy for games that were +3 players.

- CoD WaW Zombie mode; the time between Secret of Mana to this game is when my 2 bros and I (along with one of our close friend) joined online playing this mode late nights until near the crack of dawn.

- Resident Evil 5; my gf and I loved the coop for this so much that she wanted to keep playing until we platinumed it (was my very first platinum). She became my best gaming partner and really good at it too since she barely ever gamed before this. We didn't enjoy RE6 as much as 5, still fun tho, but we're really looking forward to RE Revalations 2.