By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you buy a game digitally if...

I'd buy digital if the price is lower. I bought Captain Toad digitally instead of preordering over Amazon because I could get it faster, and with easier access. The $40 price tag was the biggest factor though. If it was a full $60 game I would have bought physical, like I did with Bayonetta 2.

Around the Network

Ideally I would think that producers would want to push digital games since they cannot be resold. In that case I would expect to see more incentives. A slight discount or extra DLC would be a good start.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

No. I have a fetish for physical disks. Something about being able to have a tangible copy of something I can keep forever is just too good to pass up for the sake of convenience or saving money. Just my two cents.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Maybe if they were cheaper digital.

I prefer physical to save HD space and for fear they won't be available for download in future, but for the PS4 and Xbox 1 that hardly matters now as the physical disk is unsufficient to play the game on its own from what I understand.

Around the Network

I buy most of my stuff digitally now because retail prices range from 70$ to 85$ here (depends on the popularity of the game) and they can kiss my ass for not being able to compete with the weekly PSN sales.

Also , am I the only one who thinks playing digital games only prolongs the consoles life to something close to infinity years?

.- -... -.-. -..

I would only buy a game digitally if it was digital only. I always go for hard copies.

I would only buy digital if they came cheaper, and more than 10% cheaper too. If I have to pay the same price I would always go physical because I can sell or pass the game on.

I'm not the sort of person who MUST have a game on day 1. So I have no problem waiting.

Superficial enhancements (like extra skins) don't interest me.

So it's all about price for me.

Of course some of my games this gen will be digital buys simply because it helps keep the stack of games sitting alongside the console low, which means less complaining from the wife about how many games I have, and that I should sell some.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PieToast said:
I buy most of my stuff digitally now because retail prices range from 70$ to 85$ here (depends on the popularity of the game) and they can kiss my ass for not being able to compete with the weekly PSN sales.

Also , am I the only one who thinks playing digital games only prolongs the consoles life to something close to infinity years?

No. The system is used the same way. The only part prolonged is the Disc Drive.

I've waited longer before to buy games on disc instead of digital. Zelda Windwaker HD for example.
I've paid more before for the physical release $68 vs $49 for DriveClub for example.
I always get the extras with the disc version, yet wouldn't miss the extra skins or starter money if only available digitally.

I buy smaller games digitally, although some I have bought again when released on disc like the Jourrney collectors edition. I like to have a selection of great games on my shelf, while having the ability to sell the ones that aren't keepers. Once digital releases are at least 50% off and have the option to upgrade to a physical version (pay an extra fee, get the disc mailed), then I'll buy digital.