By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Pokken Info! Pikachu, Suicune, and Gardevoir confirmed! Gameplay footage inside!

Gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ComuXZr-Kjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZudBzdMczQ

See the entire stream here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534&v=kPbzSfBXm6s#t=93

The game is a 3D fighting game with 2D sections, very much like the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm games. Controller-like arcade stick. Wii U version is basically confirmed. The buttons are even mapped ABXY like Nintendo controllers, as opposed to backwards like with Xbox ones. No way this isn't coming to Wii U. (Hopefully there we can use the analog stick, though. Dpad is weird for 3D fighters)

The buttons are as follows:

L activates Support

R Guards

A uses Pokémon attacks

B jumps

X is a weak attack

Y is a strong attack

Using the D-Pad and the buttons gives you various different moves.

Fill a gauge to unleash Resonance Gauge for extra damage and Burst Attacks (and Mega Evolution)

– Single-player, nationwide battle, in-store battle, tutorial modes

– Pokken Tournament isn’t going to be as difficult to get into compared to other fighting games
– Namco is developing it with both veteran players and newcomers to the genre in mind
– This controller was chosen to make it easier for beginners to get into since arcade sticks can be a little difficult or intimidating for those who’ve yet to play a fighting game
– The controller has a red part that lights up below
– Trigger buttons, traditional d-pad, four face buttons also included
– Said to resemble the look of the Famicom controller

------------------

– Choose support Pokemon at the start of each round

– These can be used at any time
– Support Pokemon have a cool-down period
– Lapras shows in footage appearing from the side, and it covered a wide area with its Surf attack, although it got blocked
– Pokemon select screen shown (see above)
– It shows Snivy with a Leaf Tornado attack, and its charge time marked as “Fast”. Lapras’ shows Surf with a charge time of “Normal”
– Namco has shown Support Pokémon of Pachirisu and Fennekin as a “Set A,” and Snivy and Lapras as “Set B”
– Unknown whether you can mix/match Support Pokemon or if they’ll come as sets
– “Phase Change”: makes the camera angles look more like a 2D fighter with a side-view during battle
– There are certain moves that can force a Phase Change as well
– “Burst Mode”: temporary power up where Pokemon go into their Mega-forms
– Those without Mega versions get a similar power up
– In the demonstration, Namco showed Lucario going into his Mega-form, while Pikachu got an power-up with an electric aura
– Can easily pull off special attacks; no complicated commands
– This is also another reason why it was made possible to play the game on a simple controller, instead of an arcade stick
– The stage description for one of the battle arenas was shown in English

• That gamepad for the arcade cab is not final. It ill change design down the line. (I don't care. Gimmie Pro Controller.)
  • The menu screen showed options for local player vs player as well as online player vs player battles across different arcades.
  • On the Pokemon select screen, Pokemon are graded in 3 different aspect of the game. 1st is Resonance Burst mode(共鳴エネルギー) which is like the Pokemon's own 'Ultra' (Ultimate Jutsu) attack, then field phase offense (3D Mode) and lastly duel phase offense (2D Mode).
  • You can select support Pokemon to assist your main fighter Pokemon. Support Pokemon have their own gauge to manage.
  • When you start off the match, the Pokemon will be in 'field phase' mode. Camera is lifted further back and Pokemon are more mobile to move around the field. This gameplay was described as '3D field action.'
  • Once the 2 Pokemon get close, the Pokemon will be in 'duel phase' mode and the camera will zoom into the Pokemon and lean onto the side. Like a 'normal' fighting game camera. This part of the game will emphasis the normal fundamentals you usually see in regular fighting games.
  • Attacks beats throws, throws beats guarding, guarding beats attacks.
  • Guarding an opponent attacks over and over will degrade your shield. (think of it like the Super Smash Bros shield.)
  •  

• Your Pokemon gets access to one big 'burst' attack once they're in that Resonance. You only get to use it once so I guess it's akin to an Ultra.
  • Gardevoir:

Suicune:

Pikachu, obviously:

Around the Network

Seeing that much detail on Pokemon is kinda creepy.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Hyping!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I wonder if Jigglypuff is going to be in there

Also, your caps gave puppies cancer... Like a lot of them

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Pikachu Libré used HYPING PRESS!!!

HYPE-cario!!! I choose HYPE!!! Use HYPE Sphere! It's HYPER Effective!

"For a mere 3 days will MY FUCKING HYPE!!!! be unbound..."

Pokémon Type Wild? More like Pokémon HYPE Wild! AMIRITE!?!? AMI-FUCKING-RITE!?!?!?!?!?

Around the Network

Seems this game is being made by the Soul Calibur team with Harada overseeing the project. Prolly means there wont be another Calibur game in quite some time. Then again, this also means my interest in his project has increased tenfold :)

Haha Type Wild is fucking awesome, when I played it I couldnt believe Nintendo hadnt made something similar themselves.

7:30 EST

THAT IS EXACTLY THE TIME I START WORK

SHIT

(we're not allowed to bring phones in... maybe I can run to check it during my lunch break? ;-;)

That Machamp render makes me think of how pokemon games could look like in the future...

my god...

I hope it doesn't look like ass like in the first trailer.