By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do people still play Black Ops 2 Online on WiiU?

Usually about 2k people.
The sad thing is Titanfall on the Xbones average is only 4k

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Usually > 2k on weekends. But don't worry too much, there are always people playing

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

toot1231 said:

Usually about 2k people.
The sad thing is Titanfall on the Xbones average is only 4k

Wow --- that's really pathetic

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I've never had any trouble finding any matches and I play every day. Multiplayer and zombie mode included.

Both COD games look and play great on Wii U, in fact i would say Blops 2 on Wii U is the best version. It has off tv play, Wiimote and nunchuck controls as well as standard ones and 2 player without having to use splitscreen.

Around the Network

the last time i played black ops 2 online was back last spring. and it was super easy to find a match. im sure you will find something. its the best console to play call of duty on (since the online is free). but yeah, to answer your question, i havent been on in months, but when i was on, finding a match was hella easy.

zippy said:
Both COD games look and play great on Wii U, in fact i would say Blops 2 on Wii U is the best version. It has off tv play, Wiimote and nunchuck controls as well as standard ones and 2 player without having to use splitscreen.

This

That is one of the best features in my opinion, no more screen glancing if you are playing against the second player.  Make the person with the pad sit with their back to the TV, and the other person gets the TV.  Nither person can watch the others screen to see where they are at.

zippy said:

It was one of the games I got on day one w/ my Wii U.  Missing the DLC of the other versions, though.

Given the lack of shooters on Wii U, I would assume those games are pretty active.

I was surprised to see CoD on Vita is still active enough to always find players.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

AmericanAli said:

I just got a WiiU with Super Smash and Mario Kart, but i am curious of how cod plays on the WiiU Gamepad. But my biggest concern is if people on WiiU are still playing Black Ops 2 Online? So if you have it on WiiU, could please check out how many people are online on average? And if you can find a game in Free For All? Because that's very important to me and is the deciding factor if i will purchase it or not.

The gamepad is a mixed bag. Pros are it has a built in mic and you can look down and use it as a map. Cons are it will take some time to adjust to it, ESPECIALLY if you come from playing COD on the PS3/X360. I used the controller pro because it's closer to the PS3 controls, but it's worth getting used to the gamepad if you have the patience.

I didn't have COD: Black Ops 2 however. This is from my experiences with COD: Ghosts (can't imagine it being any diferent though).